Designer Tips: Additional cards featuring iris-folding can be found on the Folded & Fabulous DVD (link) in Chapter 1, Cuts & Folds.
- For the card front: Place the card with the fold at the top. Cover the front with Boutique green tapestry paper. Trace the cupcake top on the right end, ⅞" from the top. Cut out the top and ink the edges brown. Open the card, position on the template, and secure with stencil tape. Cut ten 4"x1" Boutique brown papers and eleven 4"x1" Boutique blue dots papers. Fold ¼" under on one side of each strip, then ink the folded edges brown. Follow the instructions on the template, placing the strips face down and securing the ends with cellophane tape. Trim off the excess along the outer edges and the fold. Cut a pink/lime square from the Boutique squares paper and tape centered behind the folded strips. On the front, stamp the heart in the center.
- Cut 6½"x1⅛" Boutique green houndstooth paper, ink the edges, and mat the long sides on cardstock with ⅛" borders. Glue to the front below the cupcake top. Trace the cupcake cup on Boutique corner paper, placing it so the pattern looks like those of a real cup. Ink the edges brown and mat on cardstock with 1/16" borders. Glue knotted ribbon to the cup, then glue it as shown. Trace and cut the label from Boutique corner paper and the tag from Boutique blue dots paper. Ink the edges, then stamp “make a wish” in brown and two flowers and a swirl in green on the label. Stamp “yippee” in brown on the tag. Mat each on cardstock with 1/32" borders. Insert the brads in the label, then foam tape it as shown. Glue the tag below the ribbon.
- For the inside: Cover the inside front with Boutique brown paper and the inside back with Boutique corner paper. Ink the green paper's edges brown. Cut 6½"x1½" Boutique houndstooth paper, ink the edges brown, and glue across the inside, 1¼" from the lower edge. Stamp “happy birthday” in brown near the right end. Cut 3⅞"x3½" Boutique brown paper and mat on Boutique blue dots paper with ⅛" borders. Ink the edges and glue as shown. Trace and cut the cupcake top from Boutique green tapestry paper and the bottom from Boutique corner paper. Ink the edges. Glue knotted ribbon across the cup, gluing the ends on the back. Stamp “may your layers…” in brown on the top, then glue both to the brown paper. Stamp and cut the candle from Boutique pink/lime square and the flame from Boutique music square. Glue as shown.
Supplies: (Find these supplies and more at www.paperwishes.com)
- Boutique Paper Pack (link)
- Brown cardstock (link)
- Easy Iris-Folding template (link)
- 12" of ¼" wide pink/lime gingham ribbon (link)
- Birthday Greetings stamp set (link)
- StazOn® Timber Brown ink pad (link)
- Olive Pastel Fluid Chalk ink pad (link)
- 2 pink round mini brads (link)
- Stencil tape (link)
- Cellophane tape
- Adhesive (link)
- 5"x6½" white card & matching envelope (link)