Designer Tips: Additional 3-D window cards can be found on the Folded & Fabulous DVD (link) in Chapter 3, Fancy Folds.
- Cut one 6"x5" cardstock and score ¾" from each end. Cut two 7½"x5" pieces and score 1½" from each end on each piece. Cut 4¼"x4¾" Kaleidoscope light floral paper, ink the edges, and glue centered on the center panel of a larger piece. Turn the piece over and trace the heart centered on the panel. Cut out the heart and ink the window edges. Align the window on the center panel of the other two cardstock pieces and trace the window on the back of each.
- For the back section: Place the heart window face down on the template over the iris-folding lines. Use stencil tape to secure. Cut eleven 4"x1" strips each from Kaleidoscope pink and brown papers. Fold ¼" under on one long side of each strip. Follow the template instructions, placing the strips face down and securing the ends with cellophane tape. Cut 1"x1" Kaleidoscope blue squares paper and tape it face down in the heart center. Trim any excess strip ends, then cover the back with cardstock. Fold the end panels forward and place the Dazzles™ as shown.
- For the center section: Cut 4¼"x4¾" Kaleidoscope blue squares paper and ink the edges. Glue centered on the center panel of the smaller cardstock piece. Cut out the heart (traced on the back in step 1) and ink the window edges. Place a small pink butterfly Dazzle™ at the center top. Fold the end panels back. Nestle this piece inside the back section, aligning the ends against the folds of the back section and glue the end panels to secure.
- For the front section: Cut 4¼"x4¾" Kaleidoscope light floral paper and ink the edges. Glue centered on the center panel of the remaining cardstock piece. Cut out the heart (traced on the back in step 1) and ink the window edges. Fold the end panels back. Wrap the end panels of the front section over the end panels of the back section and glue. Tie a ribbon bow and glue at the upper left. Trace and cut the label from Kaleidoscope blue houndstooth paper, ink the edges, and mat on cardstock with 1/16" borders. Stamp “happy birthday” on it and glue to the lower right. Construct two larger butterfly Dazzles™ on cardstock and cut around the edges. Glue and place the Dazzles™ as shown.
Supplies: (Find these supplies and more at www.paperwishes.com)
- Kaleidoscope Double-Sided Paper Pack (link)
- Brown cardstock (link)
- Butterfly MixEm Dazzles™ (link)
- Easy Iris-Folding template (link)
- 8" of ¾" wide raspberry crepe ribbon (link)
- Birthday Greetings stamp set (link)
- StazOn® Brown ink pad (link)
- Craft knife (link)
- Cutting mat (link)
- Scoring tool (link)
- cellophane tape
- Stencil tape (link)
- Adhesive (link)