- Use chalk ink pads to create a sponged background on a Color Me™ Chocolate tiles paper. Start by swiping the Rose Coral pad across the upper left corner, then swiping Olive diagonally across the center area. Use the ink blending tool to blend the Olive into the Coral ink.
- Swipe Bisque in the upper right corner, then Candied Yam in the lower right corner, again blending where the colors meet. Use the blending tool to ink the edges of the paper heavily with Dark Brown. Place the paper in a protected area, spritz Gold mist over it, and let dry.
- Cut a 12"x2½" section of Color Me™ Chocolate striped paper. Going stripe by stripe, mask off the edges of each stripe with stencil tape, then swipe it with an ink pad. Remove the tape, then mask the edges of the next stripe. I used the inks in this order: Olive, Candied Yam, Bisque, Rose Coral, Candied Yam, Bisque, and Coral Rose. Place the strip in a protected area, spritz with Coffee Shop mist, and let dry.
- Glue the striped paper across the tiles paper, 1¼" from the bottom. Cut 1⅝"x12" Color Me™ Chocolate zigzag paper and ink with Candied Yam. Mat the long edges on brown cardstock with ⅛" borders, then mist with Coffee Shop.
- Cut out the Color Me™ Chocolate circles border and ink with Red Barn. Cut a 2½" and a 3⅜" piece and place a Dazzles™ border through the center of each. Foam tape one piece to each end of the zigzag border, then wrap each end of the border with ribbon and knot at the front. Glue to the tiles paper, 1½" from the right edge. Place Dazzles™ borders across the striped paper as shown, piecing where necessary.
- Trim the photos to 3⅜"x3⅜", 4⅜"x4⅝", and 5⅜"x3⅝". Mat the smallest photo on brown cardstock with 1/16" borders. Mat the medium photo on caramel cardstock with 1/16" borders, then on brown cardstock with 1/32" borders. Mat the largest photo on brown cardstock with 1/32" borders, then on caramel cardstock with ⅛" borders. Glue the photos to the paper, overlapped as shown.
- Place two small Dazzles™ frames on tan cardstock, cut them out, then journal on them with the pen. Foam tape near the photos. Cut out the Color Me™ striped label, then cut out the oval center, removing the narrow strip around the outer edge of the oval. Ink the frame with Red Barn, then foam tape over the striped paper as shown.
- Journal the story onto the cut-out oval using a printer, then lightly mist with gold and let dry. Glue centered in the frame. Knot a 3" ribbon, trim the ends, and glue to the frame on the left end. Cut narrow border Dazzles™ to 1⅝"-3¼" and use to decorate one corner on each photo as shown. Cut circles from a Dazzles™ border and place on each frame as shown.
Supplies: (Find these supplies and more at www.paperwishes.com)
- Color Me™ Chocolate Sampler Pack (link)
- Cardstocks: Dark brown and Tan (link)
- Gold Jewel Border Dazzles (link)
- Lacy Frames Scrapbooking Dazzles™ (link)
- Vintage Christmas Ribbon Set - 15" of ¾" wide brown crepe ribbon (link)
- Fluid Chalk ink pads: Olive Pastel (link), Bisque (link), Rose Coral (link), Candied Yam (link), Dark Brown (link), Red Barn (link)
- Glimmer Mist spray inks: Coffee Shop (link), Iridescent Gold (link)
- Ink Blending tool (link)
- Craft Sheet (link)
- Stencil tape (link)
- Printer, paper towels
- Black pen (link)
- Foam tape (link)
- Adhesive (link)