- For the card front: Turn the card with the fold at the top and cover the front with rust cardstock. Cut 6¼"x4¾" Color Me™ fanciful tiles paper and place on the craft sheet. Use the applicator to sponge Mahogany, Gathered Twigs, and Wild Honey inks across the paper, alternating the colors and blending where they overlap. When dry, glue centered on the front.
- Cut 5"x3½" Color Me™ fanciful flourish paper with a border along the top. Sponge Wild Honey and Rusty Hinge inks across it, then mat on gold cardstock with ⅛" borders. Cut two 7" twine lengths and thread each through two holes in the large button. Glue the button to the border near the left end, then wrap the twine ends to the back on each end and tape to secure. Glue centered on the front.
- Cut out the 3½"x2¾" Color Me™ label and sponge the center with Rusty Hinge and the outer edges with Mahogany. When completely dry, stamp “fly high” near the left end with Black ink. Foam tape to the front, ½" from the bottom.
- Follow the template directions to create a large quail feather from medium brown cardstock, a medium quail feather from dark brown cardstock and a small quail feather from rust cardstock. Ink the edges of each feather with Mahogany, then glue near the right edge as shown. Cut out the 1⅜" Color Me™ medallion and sponge with Gathered Twigs. Glue over the base of the feathers, then glue a small button in the center. Make a jute bow and glue to the button.
- For the inside: Cut 6½"x2¼" Color Me™ fanciful stripes paper and ink with gathered twigs by swiping the pad directly over the paper until covered. When dry, mat the long edges on gold cardstock with 1/16" borders, then glue centered across the inside.
- Cut out the Color Me™ 4"x4" label and sponge the center with Rusty Hinge and the outer edges with Gathered Twigs. When dry, stamp “let your dreams…” in the upper right corner with Black ink. Cut out the Color Me™ scalloped border, trim a 5" length, and color it with the Mahogany ink pad. Glue the label in the center, then glue the border vertically, overlapping the label’s left edge.
- Make a rust cardstock medium quail feather and a dark brown cardstock small quail feather. Glue as shown. Cut out the Color Me™ 1⅞" medallion, ink it with Wild Honey, and glue over the feather bases. Thread the last button with jute and glue to the medallion center.
Supplies: (Find these supplies and more at www.paperwishes.com)
- Color Me™ Fanciful Feathers Paper Pack (link)
- Cardstocks: dark brown, rust, medium brown, gold
- Feathers stamp set (link)
- Feathers & Flourishes template (link)
- 24" of natural jute twine (link)
- Black buttons: two ⅜" with two holes, one 1" with four holes (link)
- Distress ink pads: Gathered Twigs (link), Rusty Hinge (link), Wild Honey (link), Mahogany
- StazOn® Jet Black ink pad (link)
- Ink Blending Tool & applicator sponges (link)
- Craft Sheet (link)
- Acrylic stamping block (link)
- Craft glue (link)
- Household tape
- Foam tape (link)
- Adhesive (link)
- 5"x6½" white card & envelope (link)