Note: This card utilizes Sketch L-17 from the Layered Cards chapter on the Card Sketches CD.
- For the card front: Turn the card with the fold on the left and cover the front with black paper. Cut 4¾"x6¼" Playful starburst paper and glue centered on the black. Cut a 4¾"x1" Playful dark pink paper and mat the long edges on black with ¼" borders. Scallop both borders and stamp “tweet, tweet” across the top. Glue a 6" ribbon to the border with the ends glued to the back. Glue to the card, ¾" from the upper edge.
- Trace and cut a C1 heart on the template from Playful lavender dots paper and mat on Playful purple paper with a 1/16" border. Glue to the front as shown. Trace and cut an F3 heart from Playful pink circles paper and mat on black with 1/16" border. Stamp the bird on it, then stamp the flower on Playful green paper and the tail feathers on the yellow area of Playful starburst paper. Cut both out and glue over the appropriate areas on the bird. Foam tape to the border near the left end.
- Print “to the birthday chick” on pink circles paper and trim to 2½"x1½". Mat on black paper with 1/16" borders and glue to the heart as shown. Stamp a swirly flower in the upper right corner. Stamp again on Playful purple paper, cut out, and glue over the pink flower. Trace and cut a C4 heart from Playful purple paper and F5 from Playful blue plaid paper. Mat on black paper with 1/16" borders and glue to the sentiment as shown.
- Knot a 3" ribbon and glue next to the bird. Use the heart studio to make two hearts from Playful stripes and one from Playful purple papers. Glue a striped heart on the sentiment and the purple heart over the ribbon knot. Place jewel Dazzles™ as shown.
- For the inside: Print the sentiment on Playful pink border paper with the border along the bottom and trim to 4½"x5½". Mat on black paper with 1/16" borders and glue to the inside. Trace and cut an F3 heart from Playful lavender dots paper and F4 from Playful blue plaid paper. Mat on black paper with 1/16" borders. Stamp a bird on the large heart and a bee on the small heart. Stamp the bird’s flower on Playful dark pink, cut out, and glue over the purple flower. Stamp the bee on Playful stripes paper, cut out the body, and glue over the blue bee. Glue the hearts and the remaining bubble heart to the sentiment as shown.