Technique: Masking off part of a stamp
To use just part of a stamp’s design, mask off the part you don’t want with sticky cellophane tape (not the invisible kind, but the shiny style). After placing the stamp on the acrylic block, place tape over the unwanted section, leaving just the part you want to transfer exposed. Ink the stamp as usual, remove the tape, and stamp the design.
- For the card front: Turn the card with the fold on the left and cover the front with cardstock. Cut 4¾"x6¼" White Truffle houndstooth paper and glue centered on the front. Cut a 1" stripe from the White Truffle striped paper with black along the edges. Trim to 4¾" long and glue to the front, ½" from the bottom.
- Punch out the 4⅜"x4" frame die cut and remove the nibs. Place on the front, ⅜" from the top, and very lightly draw around the inside edge. Remove the frame and stamp “we’ll be friends forever” in the penciled area, near the upper right corner. Mask the “I (heart) you” so just the heart transfers (see above) and stamp it below the sentiment. Erase the line and foam tape the frame in place.
- Punch out the 2⅝" rose, large leaf, small leaf, and swirl die cuts and remove the nibs. Glue to the frame at the lower left as shown. Knot a 4" ribbon, trim the ends, and glue to the frame at the upper right. Place the rhinestones as shown.
- For the inside: Cut 4⅝"x4" White Truffle black plaid paper and glue centered on the inside. Cut another 1" wide stripe, 5" long, and glue across the plaid paper, 1⅛" from the upper edge. Punch out the 3¾"x2⅛" label, 1½" rose, ⅞" rose and a medium leaf die cut and remove the nibs.
- Stamp “because you know too much” on the label, then glue it centered on the stripe. Foam tape the large rose and glue the remaining die cuts as shown. Knot a 3" ribbon and glue it below the rose, then place the rhinestones as shown.