- For the card front: With the card opened flat, fold both sides in to meet at the center scoring line, making a gatefold card. Trim it to 5” x 5½”. Cover both front flaps with the orange diamond border paper, positioning the diamonds along the bottom edges.
- Cut the first tier of frosting from fuchsia swirls and the second tier from lime textured paper. Cover the fronts with humungo paper. Add dark pink glitter to the fuchsia piece and green glitter to the lime piece. Use your fingers to press and scrub the glitter into the adhesive firmly. Mat both pieces on black.
- Cut the cupcake cup from the yellow border paper, positioning the border along the bottom of the cup. Cut the candle from fuchsia swirls, the flame from the yellow and two leaves from lime. Mat all the pieces on black.
- Build the cupcake, gluing the pieces together. Glue the cupcake to the card front, gluing it just to the left flap and letting it overlap the right flap. Glue the leaves at the base of the candle.
- Stack a small flower over a medium flower and secure them with a brad. Glue this over the leaves. Repeat to make a second stack, adding medium iridescent leaves behind the flowers, and glue it at the base of the cupcake as shown.
- For the inside: Cover the inside center back with fuchsia textured paper. Print the sentiment in black on white paper and mat it on black, then on yellow. Stack two flowers and secure them to the sentiment with a brad. Glue a small leaf set behind the flowers. Glue the sentiment centered on the fuchsia. Cut a candle from lime and the flame from orange. Mat both and glue them to the sentiment as shown.