- For the card front: Turn the card with the fold on the left. Cut a 4¾” x 6¼” piece of the hearts border paper with the hearts along the left edge. Cut a 1” x 6¼” piece of the blue stripes paper and scallop one long edge. Mat the same edge with blue and scallop that edge. Glue this piece along the left edge of the hearts piece.
- Cut a ¼” x 6¼” piece of the red hearts paper and glue it along the left edge of the stripes. Glue this constructed front centered on the blank card.
- Adhere the largest double stick heart to plain white paper. Adhere the center from inside that heart to plain red. Sprinkle red glitter over this smaller heart and scrub it in firmly. Set it aside.
- Adhere six more hearts to red and three more small hearts to white. Add red fun flock to the hearts on red and white flocking to those on white. Glue the white heart centered on the card front, placing the right edge near the right edge of the card. Add four red hearts and three white hearts above and below the large heart as shown.
- Open the card and place it on a cutting surface. Use the knife to cut the center from the large white heart. Use scissors to cut along the outer edges of all the hearts, creating a cutaway card. Print the greeting in burgundy on light blue. Mat it on red, then on white and glue it to the lower front as shown.
- For the inside: Cut a 2” x 6¼” piece of the blue stripes. Mat the left edge with blue and scallop the blue matting. Cut a ¼” x 6¼” strip of the red hearts and glue it near the left edge of the stripes as shown. Glue the stripes piece to the inside back, allowing 1/8” to show on the top, bottom, and right edges.
- Mat the glittered heart on white. Carefully glue it to the stripes border so it’s centered in the heart window when the card is closed. Print the sentiment in burgundy on white and mat it on blue, then on red hearts. Glue the sentiment as shown, slipping the right edge under the blue scalloped edge of the stripes piece. Add the last two flocked hearts as shown.