Designer’s Tip: The technique used here is inking the Color Me™ designs using foam eye shadow applicators. I like using those with a pointed end—they help me stay within the lines while “coloring” the flowers and leaves.
- For the card front: Turn the card with the fold on the left and cover with cardstock. Cut 4¾"x6¼" Color Me™ flowers paper. Use the eye shadow applicators to lift ink from the pads and rub onto the flowers, inking the petals rouge, the centers ochre, and the leaves and berries olive. Glue centered on the card front.
- Cut out the bordered Color Me™ label and color the border olive. Ink just “it’s nice to have a friend to grow old with” with black and stamp on the label. Mat on cardstock with 1/16" borders, then foam tape to the card as shown. Cut out the small Color Me™ tag and color it rouge. Use the heat tool to completely dry the tag, then stamp just “you go first” in black. Mat on cardstock with 1/16" borders. Insert the flower brad in the tag, hiding the prongs, then wrap a 3" ribbon under the flower, crossing the ends. Foam tape the tag as shown.
- For the inside: Cut 4⅜"x5" Color Me™ flowers paper and color as for the front. Mat on cardstock with ⅛" borders, then glue to the inside near the upper edge. Cut out the Color Me™ bracket label and color the outer border and center rouge, leaving the inner border white. Dry completely, then stamp “happy birthday” in black. Mat on cardstock with 1/16" borders, then insert the green brads as shown. Wrap a 4" ribbon length around each brad and trim the ends. Glue as shown.
Supplies: (Find these supplies and more at www.paperwishes.com)
- Copper Color Me™ Sampler Pack (link)
- Olive green cardstock (link)
- 12" of ¾" wide ivory dotted sheer ribbon (link)
- Birthday Greetings stamp set (link)
- Rouge Fluid Chalk ink pad (link)
- Olive Pastel Fluid Chalk ink pad (link)
- Yellow Ochre Fluid Chalk ink pad (link)
- StazOn® Timber Brown ink pad (link)
- Pink Glitter Flower Resin brad (link)
- 2 round green brads (link)
- Foam eye shadow applicators
- Heat tool (link)
- Foam tape (link)
- Adhesive (link)
- 5"x6½" white card & matching envelope (link)