Designer’s Tip: Remove the nibs from the punched die cuts with scissors before inking and gluing.
- For the card front: Turn the card with the fold at the top and cover with cardstock. Cut 6¼"x4¾" Chocolate-Dipped brown paper, ink the edges, and glue centered on the front. Cut 1¾"x4¾" Chocolate-Dipped stripes paper, ink the edges, and mat the right long edge on cardstock with a ¼" border. Trim with scallop-edged scissors. Glue blue ribbon ⅜" from the right edge, gluing the ends on the back. Punch out the Chocolate-Dipped brown border die cut and trim to 4¾". Glue to the striped paper along the left edge, then glue to the brown paper, aligning the left edges.
- Punch out the Chocolate-Dipped blue swirl frame, 2" rose, ¾" green butterfly, ⅝" red heart, a brown and a green button die cut. Ink the edges. Center the frame on the front and trace the opening. Cut the opening slightly larger than the traced oval. Foam tape the frame over the opening. Tie a bow and glue as shown. Follow the manufacturer's directions to make a star epoxy shape, placing Chocolate-Dipped stripes paper behind it. Glue it and the heart as shown. Thread the buttons with blue ribbon, gluing the ends on the backs, then glue the green button overlapping the bow as shown.
- Cut out a blank Chocolate-Dipped small rectangle and stamp “especially for you” on it. Mat on cardstock with 1/32" borders and glue to the lower right corner. Foam tape the button as shown. Glue and foam tape the rose over the frame edge, then foam tape the butterfly to the flower.
- For the inside: Cut 5"x3½" Chocolate-Dipped blue paper, ink the edges, and mat on Chocolate-Dipped green paper with ¼" borders. Ink the edges and glue centered on the inside. Cut a 1½"x5" Chocolate-Dipped striped paper and scallop the long edges. Ink the edges and mat on cardstock with 1/16" borders. Glue vertically centered on the inside. Punch out the Chocolate-Dipped green/blue label and red butterfly die cuts. Ink the edges and stamp “happy birthday” in the label center. Glue the label centered behind the window opening. Foam tape the butterfly as shown.
- Cut out the Chocolate-Dipped “celebrate” label and glue a folded 1½" blue ribbon behind the left end. Glue the label as shown. Create two star shapes with Chocolate-Dipped green and red papers behind them. Glue as shown.
Supplies: (Find these supplies and more at www.paperwishes.com)
- Chocolate-Dipped Artful Card Kit (link)
- Teal cardstock (link)
- Chocolate-Dipped satin ribbon set (link)
- Noteworthy stamp set (link)
- Star Shape Studio (link)
- Star Bubble Caps (link)
- StazOn® Timber Brown ink pad (link)
- Scallop-edged scissors (link)
- Foam tape (link)
- Adhesive (link)
- 5"x6½" white card & matching envelope (link)