Designer’s Tip: Remove the nibs from the punched die cuts with scissors before gluing.
- For the card front: Turn the card with the fold at the top. Cut 6¼"x4¾" Spun Sugar striped paper and 3"x4" Spun Sugar green paper. Mat the green paper on cardstock with 1/16" borders. Glue it angled on the striped paper as shown. Trim the excess. Punch out the Spun Sugar 2½" tan circle, 1¼" orange butterfly, and 1¾" heart die cuts. Glue the circle to the green paper as shown. Knot an 8" tulle length and glue the knot in the center of the tan circle. Wrap the tulle across the paper angled as shown and use tape to secure the ends on the back. Glue the paper to the card.
- Place the 3" and 1⅞" Dazzles™ frames on the craft sheet and tap the ink pad to “whitewash” them. Use the heat tool to dry the ink completely (link). Place the large frame on Spun Sugar pink paper and cut around the edge. Glue it and the heart at the lower right as shown. Cut out the Spun Sugar “best wishes” greeting and center it behind the small frame. Trim the edges, then glue a folded 1½" cream ribbon behind the left end. Foam tape it and the butterfly to the large frame as shown. Cut a rose from the ribbon and use tape to secure it above the knot.
- For the inside: Cut Spun Sugar tan paper to fit the inside and glue as shown. Punch out the Spun Sugar 5" label, 1" pink heart, and small pink flower die cuts. Glue the label vertically to the inside, 1" from the left edge. Fold a 5" tulle length in half and stitch the ends together with a running stitch. Pull the thread to gather the tulle and knot to secure. Tape to the label, angled as shown.
- Whitewash the 3½" and 1⅞" Dazzles™ frames as before, then back the large label with Spun Sugar tan paper. Foam tape to the inside. Center “celebrate” in the smaller label and trim. Cut out the Spun Sugar “today is the day” sentiment and mat on cardstock with 1/32" borders. Glue the sentiment, heart, and flower as shown. Foam tape “celebrate” at the lower right, gluing the left end to the sentiment. Place the pearls as shown.
Supplies: (Find these supplies and more at www.paperwishes.com)
- Spun Sugar Artful Card Kit (link)
- White cardstock (link)
- 18 Nested Frames Dazzles™ Black (link)
- Pink Tulle (link)
- Pink Rose ribbon (link)
- 3" of ⅜" wide ivory satin ribbon (link)
- 3mm ivory pearl stickers (link)
- Popcorn Fluid Chalk ink pad (link)
- Craft knife (link)
- Heat tool (link)
- Sewing needle, white thread
- ½" Ultra Clear tape (link)
- Adhesive (link)
- 5"x6½" white card & matching envelope (link)