- For the card front: Turn the card with the fold on the left. Cover the front with red marbled paper, Cut one ¾” x 6½” strip each from the blue/red stripes, blue stars, and star stripes papers. Mat the two striped pieces on red and the blue stars on blue. Position the strips on the card front as shown and glue.
- Cut a 5½” x 1¾” piece of the blue plaid paper and mat it on red. Glue it to the card front, 1¼” from the lower edge. Size and print the sentiment on white paper. Chalk the frame red. Use the circle pattern to cut around the quote, then mat it on blue. Glue the quote to the plaid piece, extending 3/8” beyond the right edge. Trim away the excess plaid, following the edge of the matted quote.
- Trace and cut a medium star from blue stars and mat it on blue. Cut a small star from the striped paper and mat it on red. Add foam tape to the back of the medium star and adhere it as shown. Add two layers of foam tape to the back of the small star and adhere it slightly overlapping the first star. Thread both buttons with embroider thread and knot and trim the ends. Glue one to the medium star.
- For the inside: Cut a 6” x 6” piece of the red marbled paper. Use the punch and system to punch a border in two opposite sides of the piece. Follow the template directions to trace and cut a pop-up star in the center of the red piece. Fold the star as instructed.
- Cut two 1” x 6” pieces of blue and glue each as a mat behind the punched stars borders. Add a slightly larger stripes mat to extend beyond the blue edge. Refold the star and add glue just on the back of the right star half around the outer edges and near the star. Carefully adhere this side to the inside back, aligning the star center crease with the center fold of the card. Add glue to the back of the left side and carefully close the card, pressing it firmly to adhere the left star half to the inside front.
- Cut a large star from star stripes paper and mat it on red. Glue it to the inside front near the top of the border. Glue a button to the center. Size and print the sentiment on white. Chalk the stars and cut it to 3¼” x 2½”. Mat it on blue, then glue it to the inside back as shown.