Designer Tip: The lever on these punches makes them quite easy to use. I created a punched border on a triangular flap and a decorative corner.
- Place your card with the fold at the left. Cover the card front with the roses and butterflies paper. Ink the edges black. Cut a 4 3/4" square from pink textured paper. Place the square over the top of the card front, so one point centered 3 1/4" from the bottom of the card. Add a small amount of glue to lightly fix the top edge of the paper to the card. Trim sides and top evenly with the card, reserving remaining piece of pink paper for the decorative corner.
- Carefully remove the pink paper from the card front. Place the center point of the piece centered into the punch as far back as it will go. Now turn the paper and place it inside the punch so the punched image is at the left corner. Slide the paper beneath the punch so the punch covers half of the punched image and punch again. Now continue to punch a border, aligning the new punched image with the diagram just left of the center of the punch, so you have 4 punched images plus the corner image.
- Turn the paper in the punch so the corner image that you punched first is at the right. Continue to punch a border as you did in step #2, but sliding the paper to the right side. Mat the paper on black, leaving a very thin border. Cut pieces of aqua ribbon to fit along the outer edges of the paper, between the punched border and the thin edge of black cardstock. Glue to the top of the card front.
- Place the center corner of the reserved piece of pink paper from step #1 inside the punch. Punch one image at the center of the corner. Measure 1 3/4" from each side of the corner and mark with a pencil. Cut across the corner and mat on black, leaving a very thin border. Add aqua ribbon across the top edge between the punched image and the black edge. Glue the corner to the lower left corner of the card front. Place “Best Wishes” sticker on the right side of the card as shown. Zot knotted ivory silk ribbon near the top of the pink paper.
- Ink the edges of a 5”x3” roses and butterflies textured paper and glue centered across the inside. Punch a border across the bottom of a 6”x7/8” pink textured paper. Pull away the curved bottom edge from the border then glue to black cardstock. Glue even with the bottom edge of the roses and butterflies textured paper, trimming excess from the right edge. Glue aqua ribbon between the two papers. Place “Just For You” sticker on the center of the textured paper. Zot knotted ivory ribbon as shown.
Supplies: (Find these supplies and more at www.paperwishes.com)
- Handmade Memories paper pack (link)
- Handmade Memories ribbons (link)
- 5”x6 1/2" blank white card (link)
- Gold Greetings Dazzles™ (link)
- Vine Border punch (link)
- Solid Black Cardstock (link)
- ColorBox Black pigment ink pad (link)
- Zots™ adhesive dots (link)