Designer Tip: The punched butterfly border adds eye-catching detail to this pretty cut-away card. Use contrasting colors (such as pink and green) to draw attention to the punched border. I used some of the tiny punched butterflies to embellish the bottom.
- Place the card with the fold at the top. Trim 3/4” from the long opening edge of the card front. Cover the remaining card front with light green paper. Open the card and place the long opening edge of the card front inside the punch. Center the edge of the card in the punch, then press the lever. Now move the card to the left, aligning the first image with the diagram at the base of the punch. Punch again, and continue to the end of the card. Now repeat on the other side to form the rest of the border.
- Cover the top 2” of the card front with green houndstooth paper. Cut a 6 1/2”x2” section from the blocks paper and mat on brown swirls paper leaving a 1/16” border. Glue the blocks paper across the card front, 1 1/4” from the bottom of the card front. Glue brown/cream stitched ribbon along the bottom edge of the blocks paper. Zot brown silk bow near upper left corner as shown.
- Cover the inside with dark pink cardstock. Close the card and add “Congratulations” sticker to the center of the pink space inside, below the punched border. Remove some punched butterflies from the enclosed space on the bottom of the punch and glue them randomly on each side of the word. Cut one 6 1/2"x1” strip each from green/pink swirls paper and blocks paper. Mat each strip on brown swirls paper leaving a 1/16” border. Align the strips together and glue across the center of the inside. Zot knotted brown silk ribbon as shown.
Supplies: (Find these supplies and more at www.paperwishes.com)
- Handmade Memories paper pack (link)
- Boutique Paper Pack (link)
- Boutique Ribbons—6 1/2" length of 1/4” wide brown/cream stitched ribbon, 12” length of 3/4” wide brown silk ribbon (link)
- 5”x6 1/2" blank white card (link)
- Gold Greetings Dazzles™ (link)
- Butterfly Border punch (link)
- Solid light green paper, solid dark pink cardstock (link)
- Dark brown ColorBox Fluid Chalk ink pad (link)