Designer's Tip: Color the pages, flowers, and artisan elements with the inks, either directly with the inkpad, or use a cosmetic sponge to add color. The Artisan Elements will take some time to dry completely after they are inked—at least a few hours, but overnight is best. I placed the elements on plastic to color them, so they can be easily peeled off. A plastic page protector works well for this.
- For the cover: Ink the edges of the round cork page with deep lagoon ink. Set aside to dry. Use a cosmetic sponge to color “fun together”, a small resist flower, and a tiny Artisan flower shaped center with deep lagoon ink. Use a cosmetic sponge to color a second resist flower and the “sun” Artisan element with Bisque ink. Color the 5 3/8” Artisan Circle plus a round flower center (from the Artisan Circles) with warm red ink. Let all pieces dry.
- Add the inked Artisan Circle centered on the inked round cork page and press into place, making sure the hole in the cork is at the left side. Add “fun together” and the “sun” inside the circle. Foam tape the flowers near the upper left edge. Add the inked flower centers to the resist flowers. Write or computer print words on yellow cardstock. Trim to a tag shape and mat on teal cardstock with thin borders. Foam tape to the lower left edge of the red Artisan circle. Turn the cover over and use the cosmetic sponges to color back of the flower petals that extend beyond the cork.
- Ink one side of the white flower shape (watercolor paper) with warm red ink directly to the paper and let dry. Align the hole in the round cork cover with the hole in the flower shape, centering it on the red flower shape. Glue in place. Turn the flower shape over and ink the second side using a cosmetic sponge and deep lagoon ink, plus bisque ink. Let dry. Use a cosmetic sponge to ink a resist flower, “laugh”, and a 4 7/8” Artisan circle with Bisque ink. Ink an Artisan bracket and a second resist flower with warm red ink directly with the ink pad. Ink a round flower center with a cosmetic sponge and deep lagoon ink. Let all pieces dry.
- Mat a 4 7/8”x3” photo on yellow, then red cardstock with 1/16” borders and glue to the blue flower shaped page. Add the yellow circle and “laugh” overlapping it and the photo as shown. Add the bracket to the upper left of the photo. Foam tape the flowers overlapping the left side of the photo. Add Artisan flower center to the yellow flower. Punch a 3/4" teal cardstock circle and ink the edges with deep lagoon ink. Foam tape centered to the red flower. Punch a 1/4" yellow cardstock circle and ink the edges with deep lagoon ink. Foam tape centered to the Artisan center on the yellow flower. Write or computer print “Our Family” on yellow cardstock. Trim to a rectangle and mat on red with thin borders. Glue angled near bottom left of the page.
- Use a cosmetic sponge to add deep lagoon ink to the edges of the scalloped square canvas page (a little goes a long way, use a light touch—you can always add more!). Let dry. Mat a 4 1/4"x2 3/4" photo on yellow, then teal, with 1/16” borders. Glue to the lower right portion of the page. Glue a 7” length of 1/8” wide teal grosgrain ribbon across the page, 1 1/2" from the top. Trim side edges evenly.
- Color a 3 5/8” Artisan circle and a resist flower with warm red ink and let dry. Color a second resist flower with deep lagoon ink using a cosmetic sponge. Let dry. Trim a photo to fit inside the red Artisan circle (3 3/8" circle) and frame the photo. Glue to the page overlapping the left side of the ribbon. Layer the blue flower centered on the red flower and Zot to the page overlapping the photos as shown. Punch a 3/4" yellow circle and ink the edges with deep lagoon ink. Foam tape centered on the blue flower. Write or computer print journaling on yellow cardstock and trim to a rectangle. Mat on red with 1/16” borders. Glue to the upper left portion of the page.
- Trim pieces of Bling and Zot to the cover and pages as shown. Add ribbons as desired. Complete as many pages as you like. Add rings to the holes to bind them together. Cut ribbons into 4” lengths and tie on the rings as shown.