Designer’s Tip: Use an Acrylic Spray Sealer on the bangle after using the Precision Pen or the ink will smear when touched with the alcohol based Spectrum Noir Pens. Do not use a liquid sealer. This will also make the fine point black pen’ s ink run.
- Evenly space 3 (1D) Butterfly shapes around the surface of the bangle. Outline the butterflies several times to make them darker. Draw lines around the body and the area between upper and lower wings to divide the space.
- Use the idea pattern, Lacy (SS) on page 19 for one area of the wing, on page 32 the offset block idea, on page 15. Emilie (SB) swirls and from page 27, Zazzle (SB).
- For the background use Holey pattern and along the edge of the bangle use pattern from bottom of page 22.
- Spray the bangle with clear acrylic sealer in a well ventilated space. Let dry and color background with Turquoise BT4. Color the bangle body, edge and inside with Purple PL4. Use the Green CG2 as well as the Turquoise pen. Spray again with sealer and let dry.
Supplies: (Find these supplies and more at www.paperwishes.com)
- 15 Butterflies & Dragonflies Template (link)
- Wood bangle (link)
- Spectrum Noir Purples (link)
- Spectrum Noir Greens (link)
- Spectrum Noir Turquoise (link)
- Totally Tangled book by Sandy Steen Bartholomew (link)
- Black fine tip Precision Pen (link)
- Krylon Spray Acrylic Sealer (find at most stores)