Designer Tips: When stamping on a fuzzy surface, make sure to ink your stamp heavily and only use StazOn.
Placing a piece of paper over the flock and rolling a brayer over it may help it to adhere more permanently to the glue.
- Place card with the fold on the top. Cover card with blue texture paper. Cut a 6 ½”x1 ¾” rectangle of green texture. Cut the top edge of the strip with the zig-zag scissors on the Quick Snipper tool. Glue to the card across the bottom. Stamp small black swirls along the edges of the blue texture and small black flowers along the edges of the green texture.
- For the chicks: Press the Essential Glue Pad face down onto a piece of white cardstock. You may want to apply the glue pad a couple times to make sure the glue is evenly applied. Sprinkle Pixie Pink Fun Flock onto the glue and shake off excess. Do the same with another piece of cardstock and Sun Shiny Yellow Fun Flock and let both pieces dry completely. Use a Jet Black StazOn ink pad to stamp a chick onto each color. Cut out just the heads of the chicks (trimming inside of the fuzzy hair) and set aside.
- Stamp the chick once onto yellow and once onto pink stripe. Cut out just the eggshells. Stamp a chick straight onto the card 2 ½” from the right and ¾” from the bottom. Stamp a second chick ¼” to the right of the first. Glue the yellow shell over the shell of the left chick and the pink striped shell over the shell of the right chick. Glue the pink head onto the left chick and the yellow head onto the right chick.
- Cut a 2 ¼”x1 ¼” piece of yellow swirl pattern and ink the edges. Stamp “Chick” near the bottom right of the rectangle. Write “You’re a cute” in the remaining space. Mat the yellow rectangle onto pink stripe, leaving a ¼” border. Ink the edges and glue to card in the top right corner, tilted to the left. Cut a 1 /4”x 2” strip of yellow, ink the edges, and glue to the card at the bottom of the greeting to look like a sign sticking out of the ground.
- Stamp a few medium flowers on yellow and pink stripe paper and cut out. Glue to card scattered on the grass as shown.
- Inside the card: Cut a 3”x1 ¼’ piece of green texture. Trim the top with the zig-zag scissors on the Quick Snipper tool. Glue to the card centered ¾” from the bottom. Cut out a ¼”x1 ½” strip of yellow, ink the edges, and glue to the center of the card, 1 1/4” from the bottom. Write “Hope you have a happy day!” on a 2 ¼”x1” piece of yellow swirl pattern. Mat onto pink stripe, leaving a ¼” border. Ink edges and glue to card, centered 1” from the top. Stamp flowers onto the grass and a black swirl to each side of the sign.