Designer's Tip: For the stamp resist technique with Distress Paint-stamp the large feather with Picket Fence Distress Paint on the aqua swirls paper and let dry. Mist over the area of the stamped feather with Calypso Teal Dylusions ink, then blot with a paper towel—when you blot away the excess ink, the stamped feather image will show beautifully against the teal background. To color the Dazzles™ with Distress Paint, cut around the Dazzles™ and apply a thin coat of Broken China Distress Paint with the dabber, then let dry about 30 minutes. I use my knife to place word Dazzles™ easily.
- Place your blank card with the fold at the top. Cover with magenta/teal feathers paper. Cut a 5 1/2"x4” Fancy Feathers aqua swirls paper. Place the large detailed feather stamp (2nd from left on the feathers stamp sheet) on the acrylic block. Apply Picket Fence Distress paint to the surface of the stamp, then stamp the image on the left side of the aqua swirls paper. Wash the paint off the stamp. Let the stamped image dry.
- Mist over the left side of the aqua swirls paper with Calypso Teal Dylusions ink spray and blot with a paper towel over the stamped image. Add a little more as needed for the stamped feather to show well, and blot. Lightly mist edges of the paper as needed with the teal ink and blot. Let dry. Smooth out the paper with your fingers to flatten it. Use Brushed Pewter Distress Paint to stamp the smaller feather image (3rd from the left on the stamp sheet) onto the aqua swirls paper, overlapping the left side of the first stamped feather. Wash the stamp and let the stamped image dry.
- Trim around the large feather and “you give my heart wings” Dazzles™ and dab with Broken China Distress paint. Let dry. Smooth out the aqua swirls paper with your fingers to flatten it and mat on Fancy Feathers purple textured paper with 1/8” borders. Mat on silver ripple with 1/8” borders. Glue even with the top edge of the card, centered at the sides. Cut a 1/2"x5” teal cardstock and glue vertically on the card, 3/4" from the right. Place a silver border Dazzles™ centered on it, trimming ends evenly. Place the painted feather Dazzles™ to the right of the stamped feathers as shown.
- Punch out the die-cut pieces for the Mystic Feathers Papier Tole embellishment and layer together with foam tape. Glue overlapping the feathers on the front of the card as shown. Punch out the blue bird (extra art) and foam tape as shown. Tie a white sheer ribbon bow and Zot™ near the feathers.
- Place silver “Friends”, tiny feather, and circles Dazzles™ near feathers as shown.
- Glue a 6 1/2"x1” purple textured paper centered across the inside. Trace and cut out a Small Label Design Tool shape from teal cardstock. Dab Brushed Pewter Distress Paint on the edges of the shape and let dry. Place the painted “you give my heart wings” centered on the shape. Add a silver border to each side of the words, trimming edges evenly. Add “innies” and tiny feather as shown. Glue extra art feathers on purple strip, 1 1/4" from the right. Glue teal label over the purple strip. Glue bird (extra art) over bottom of feathers. Zot™ knotted white sheer ribbon near bird.