Designer's Tip: For the stamp resist technique with Distress Paint--stamp the large feather with Picket Fence Distress Paint on the aqua swirls paper and let dry. Mist over the area of the stamped feather with Calypso Teal Dylusions ink, then blot with a paper towel—when you blot away the excess ink, the stamped feather image will show beautifully against the teal background. To color the Dazzles™ with Distress Paint, cut around the Dazzles™ and apply a thin coat of Broken China Distress Paint with the dabber, then let dry about 30 minutes. I use my knife to place word Dazzles™ easily.
- Use the Fancy Feathers magenta/teal feathers paper for the background. Cut a 9”x9½” aqua swirls paper. Place the large detailed feather stamp (2nd from left on the Feathers stamp sheet) on the acrylic block. Apply Picket Fence Distress Paint to the surface of the stamp, then stamp the image near the lower left corner of the aqua swirls paper. Wash the paint off the stamp. Let the stamped image dry (no longer shiny when dry).
- Mist over the lower left portion of the aqua swirls paper with Calypso Teal Dylusions ink spray and blot with a paper towel over the stamped image. Add a little more as needed for the stamped feather to show well, and blot. Lightly mist the edges of the paper with the teal ink and blot. Let dry. Smooth out the paper with your fingers to flatten it. Use Brushed Pewter Distress Paint to stamp the curved feather image (upper right on the stamp sheet) onto the aqua swirls paper, overlapping the left side of the first stamped feather. Wash the stamp and let the stamped image dry.
- Trim around the 3 feathers and “Friends” Dazzles™ and dab with Broken China Distress Paint. Let dry. Smooth out the aqua swirls paper with your fingers to flatten it and mat on Fancy Feathers purple textured paper with 1/8” borders. Dab the edges with Brushed Pewter Distress Paint and let dry. Glue to the background paper 1” from the top and 7/8” from the left.
- Glue the photo to teal cardstock with 1/16” borders at top and sides and a 1” border on the bottom. Mat on Silver Holographic Ripple paper with 1/8” borders. Glue to the page 2” from the top and ½” from the right side overlapping the aqua swirls paper and magenta/teal feathers background paper.
- Add the 2 larger painted Dazzles™ feathers on each side of the stamped feathers on the aqua swirls paper as shown. Add “Friends” centered near the bottom of the teal photo mat.
- Punch out the die-cut pieces for the Mystic Feathers Papier Tole embellishment and layer together with foam tape. Glue overlapping the feathers on the aqua swirls paper as shown. Punch out the blue bird (extra art) and foam tape as shown. Tie a white sheer ribbon bow and Zot™ near the feathers.
- Place the Small Label oval Design Tool shape centered on the names/year and trace the oval shape. Cut it out and dab Broken China Distress Paint on the edges. Let dry. Trace a Small Label on teal cardstock and cut it out. Dab Brushed Pewter Distress Paint on the edges and let dry. Glue the oval on the center. Take 1 border Dazzles™ and add to the left side of the label trimming edges evenly. Repeat with the remaining piece on the right side. Add “innies” with your knife. Add the remaining small painted feather near the names. Add Dazzles™ to the bottom of the teal photo mat and near the feathers as shown.