Designer’s Tip: I found it helpful to use the piercing tool to assemble the pinwheels. I first created the holes, then I threaded them onto the point. Then I held it all together while I removed the piercer and inserted the brad.
- Base of the card: Open the blank card and measure three 3¼” sections (thirds) and score fold lines. Fold so the front flap folds to the left. Cut the striped paper to 9¾”x9” and glue to the card with the green side showing. Fold up the excess flap along the bottom so the stripe shows. Fold card while the glue is wet so the paper will adjust at the fold lines. Use the piercing tool to create holes for the brads at all four corners on the front flap and back flap. Insert pink 1/8” brads in the front and blue on the inside. Cut a 3/8” strip from the green circle pattern and glue ¼” from the top edge.
- Stamp “Count your life…” greeting on 2”x1” white cardstock with berrylicious ink. Round the corners and mat with pink paper. Glue to the center of the striped section on the front of the card. Stamp “Count your age…” greeting on 2¼”x1” white cardstock with deep lagoon ink. Round the corners and mat with turquoise paper. Glue to the center of the striped section on the far right (inside) of the card.
- Bookmark #1: Glue pink paper on the front and brown on the back of white cardstock for extra thickness and trim to 2½”x5½”. Round the corners. Cut a ½” brown strip and glue to the center of the pink.
- Trace two 4” Double Flora pinwheels onto turquoise paper and cut out. Use the piercing tool to make the brad holes. Cut out a flower from the paper for the center of the pinwheel. Follow the instructions on the template to create the pinwheel. Place the cut out flower in the center and insert ¼” pink brad. Use the piercing tool to make a hole in the bookmark to attach the pinwheel. Attach with the brad, being careful not to flatten the pinwheel.
- Stamp “Celebrate” with deep lagoon on 3”x3/4” white cardstock. Round the corners and glue to the bookmark under the pinwheel.
- Bookmark #2: Glue brown paper on the front and turquoise/pink on the back of white cardstock and cut to 2¼”x5¼”. Round the corners. Cut two strips of yellow paper ¼”x3¼” and ¼”x4¼”. Glue to the brown side as shown.
- Trace and cut out two 2” Four-point pinwheels, one from pink paper and one from turquoise/pink. Glue the centers and insert a 1/8” brad in the center of each. Flatten pinwheels. Glue to the bookmark. Zot a knotted ribbon on each stem.
- Bookmark #3: Glue turquoise hounds tooth paper on the front and brown dot to the back of white cardstock and cut to 2”x5”. Round the corners. Cut ½”x5” strip of brown dot and glue to the center. Tie pink bow around the bookmark.
- Trace one 2 ½” Mini Double Lily pinwheel onto pink paper and one onto yellow and secure pinwheel to the bookmark with ¼” turquoise brad. Flatten pinwheel.
Supplies: (Find these supplies and more at www.paperwishes.com)
- Playful Pinwheels template (link)
- Birthday Greetings stamp set (link)
- Kaleidoscope Paper Pack (link)
- Metallic ribbons – pink, turquoise, green (link)
- 5”x6 1/2” blank card (link)
- Chalk inks – deep lagoon, berrylicious
- Citrus brads (link)
- White cardstock (link)
- Piercing tool (link)
- 1/4” rounded Corner Chomper (link)
- Scoring tool (link)
- Zots™ adhesive dots (link)