Designer’s Tip: Pinwheels can be layered for additional color.
- Front of the card: Place the card with the fold on the top and cover with turquoise paper. Sponge ink around the edges. Cut yellow paper to 1½”x4¼” and cut a “V” from the bottom. Sponge ink around the edges. Mat with pink paper with 1/16” borders on the bottom and sides. Poke two holes at the top of the strip with the piercing tool and insert small brown brads. Glue to the top of the card ¼” from the right edge.
- Stamp border along the top edge of the card. Stamp “Thinking of You” on the yellow paper strip. Stamp “Hello” on green paper and punch out labels. Ink edges of the labels and glue green oval over the striped scalloped label. Foam tape to the card overlapping the vertical strip as shown.
- Trace 5” Four-point pinwheel onto pink paper and 2¾” Four-point pinwheel onto green paper. Cut out and assemble the larger pinwheel first, then the smaller one and attach layered with large brown brad.
- Inside the card: Cut pink paper to 1½”x5” and ink the edges. Mat with turquoise paper and ink the edges. Glue to the card 5/8” from the left. Cut a brown strip ¼”x3½” and glue to the center of the pink. Make a 2¾” Four-point pinwheel from green paper and insert a large brown brad in the center. Glue to the top of the brown strip.
- Stamp “Just Because” on yellow paper and punch labels. Ink the edges and glue over the flowered label. Glue to the card centered and 1¼” from the bottom of the card.
Supplies: (Find these supplies and more at www.paperwishes.com)
- Playful Pinwheels template (link)
- Stamp & Punch stamp set (link)
- Kaleidoscope Paper Pack (link)
- 5”x6½” blank card (link)
- Chalk ink – dark brown (link)
- Cosmetic Sponge
- Chocolate brads (link)
- Vintage label punch (link)
- Piercing tool (link)
- Zots™ adhesive dots (link)
- Foam tape (link)