Designer Tip: A beautiful mix of red, green, and dark brown papers and die-cuts create a striking contrast for this card. Foam tape adds dimension.
- Place your card with the fold at the left. Cover the card front with dark brown dotted paper. Punch out the following die-cuts: green circle with floral border, scalloped square with tan text center, flowers with swirls, red scalloped button, tiny butterflies, tiny green flower, small green rectangular label, and red border.
- Cut a 4 1/4"x5 5/8” green/black hounds tooth paper and mat on ivory cardstock with 1/8” borders. Glue the green circle die-cut to the upper left portion of the hounds tooth paper, slightly overlapping the left edge. Place a 7” length of 3/8” wide brown satin ribbon vertically over the hounds tooth paper, overlapping the circle die-cut 1” from the left. Glue ends to the back to secure. Glue paper centered to the card front.
- Foam tape the scalloped square die-cut to the card front 1/2” from the right side and 1 3/4" from the top, so it overlaps the green circle die-cut. Foam tape the green rectangular label overlapping the top of the scalloped square die-cut. Cut out the “Birthday Wishes” label and glue over the right side of the green label die-cut. Foam tape the flowers with swirls die-cut overlapping the lower half of the scalloped square as shown.
- Foam tape the red border even with the bottom edge. Trim edges even with the card. Tie a brown satin bow and Zot over the upper left corner of the scalloped square. Foam tape the tiny green flower centered on the button die-cut and foam tape over the center of the bow. Foam tape tiny butterflies as shown.
- Punch out the round die-cut from the center of the striped label frame with dark brown dotted border. Glue a 3 1/2" length of brown satin ribbon centered vertically inside the opening. Back the opening with green/black hounds tooth paper, trimming edges evenly with the frame. Cut out the “Hoping your day is as wonderful as you are!” oval and glue centered over the ribbon and green/black hounds tooth paper. Glue centered to the inside. Tie a small brown satin bow and Zot at the top of the oval. Glue green flower and tiny butterfly die-cuts overlapping the oval as shown. Back remaining red border with dark brown dotted paper and glue even with the bottom of the inside.