Designer's Tip: Curl the edges of the feather cuts before sweeping it through the distress paints. After the paint is dry, add a second coat if you need more of a particular color.
- Card front: Place a blank card with the fold on your left and ink the edges with Salty Ocean distress ink.
- Use the sponge applicator to daub spots of Picked Raspberry and Brushed Pewter distress paints on a 5”x3” area of your craft sheet and spritz with 3 or 4 sprays of water. Swipe a 4 3/4”x2 3/8” white cardstock through the paints a couple of times to pick up the colors for a marbled look. Let dry. Repeat the marbling process for another 4 3/4”x2 3/8” white cardstock using Salty Ocean and Brushed Pewter distress paints and let dry. Cut each strip into 2 3/8” squares and distress the edges with the sanding block. Glue the squares 1/16” from your card edges in the pattern shown, starting at the top of your card.
- Dab all three paints in another area and repeat the marbling process for a 4 7/8”x2 3/8” white cardstock and let dry. Glue the strip 1/16” from the bottom edge.
- Swipe the “You’re in my heart” stamp with Brushed Pewter paint and stamp on the lower right blue square, as shown. Let dry. Stamp over the greeting again with Salty Ocean ink.
- Cut a 3”x6” Chalkboard black chalkboard paper and fold in half lengthwise. Using the Feathers & Flourishes template, place the Eagle Feather fold line along the fold of the paper and trace a #1 outline. Remove the template, cut out along the outline and make feather cuts along the edges, as shown on the template, then unfold the feather. Create a Fancy Flourish on Chalkboard black chalkboard paper. Make feather cuts along the edges of the flourish. Use your fingers to curl the feather cuts on both cut outs.
- Swipe the feather in Salty Ocean and Brushed Pewter distress paints, as in step-2. Swipe the flourish in Picked Raspberry and Brushed Pewter. Let both dry.
- Zot™ the feather at an angle, as shown, and place a pearl swirl down the center. Zot™ the flourish as shown, place a small pearl swirl along the center. Place more pearl swirls around the base of the feather, as shown. Zot™ a small bow onto the flourish. Place a small row of pearls on the upper right corner.
- Card inside: Create a blue marbled 4 3/4”x1” cardstock and let dry. Sand the edges and glue on your card center. Create a pink marbled 2 1/2”x1” cardstock, let dry and sand the edges. Stamp “You’re in my thoughts” in Brushed Pewter paint, then in Salty Ocean ink. Foam tape as shown. Place a small strip of pearls on the lower left corner and Zot™ a knot of ribbon as shown.