Designer's Tip: After swiping the acetate in paint, wait until it dries to see the full magic of the distress paints.
- Card front: Place a blank card with the fold on top and ink the edges with Mowed Lawn distress ink. Ink 1” up the bottom of the card. Stamp “You are so very special” in Mowed Lawn distress ink on the bottom right corner. Glue a 6 3/8”x4” Forest suede 1/16” from the upper and side edges.
- Use the sponge applicator to daub spots of Mowed Lawn, Evergreen Bough and Brushed Pewter distress paints on a 7”x5” area of your craft sheet and spritz with 3 or 4 sprays of water over the paint. Swipe a 6 1/4”x4 1/4” acetate through the paint a couple of times to pick up the colors for a marbled look. Set the acetate on a clean area of the craft sheet, open the Picket Fence distress paint bottle and use a skewer or small paint brush to flick droplets of paint over the acetate. Spritz the acetate with one more water spray, then let dry. Cut a 3/4” wide strip from a long edge of the acetate and save for the inside. Zot™ the acetate centered on the suede.
- Follow your die cutting machine manufacturer’s instructions to cut a tree die-cut from clove brown cardstock. Lay the die-cut on your craft sheet and cover with a thick layer of Crackle paint. Let dry for a few hours until the finish is hard and crackled. Tie a length of 1/8” white grosgrain around the tree trunk and Zot™ in place, as shown.
- Cut several leaf die-cuts, cut them into separate leaves and Zot™ around the base of the tree.
- Card inside: Mat the saved acetate strip on suede with a 1/8” border and glue centered on your card. Stamp “Take care” with Mowed Lawn distress ink. Zot™ on two single die-cut leaves, as in step-4.