Font: Party LET and Handwriting-Dakota
Journaling: Use a larger, whimsical font of high light words to describe subjects.
Techniques: #1 Paper background banners, #2 Tulle backing from organza roses as ribbon #3 Flower Pin flags
- Step #1 Background: For the left page: Mat a 10” square with white cardstock, leaving a 1/8” border and glue to the center of the flower tile paper. For the right page: Cut around the pink dot scallops on the Striped Scallop paper and cut the paper to 2”x12”. Glue 1” from the left side of the flower tile paper. Mat a 9”x10” green tulle paper with white cardstock, leaving a 1/8” border and glue 1” from the top of the page and 2” from the left.
- Technique: Paper background banners : For the left page: Cut 5/8”-1” strips of striped paper and green tulle paper and cut to 7 1/2”x9” with inverted “v” at each end. Glue to the left side of the pink dot paper. Write at the top of a 3”x10 1/2” strip of white cardstock, using a colored font with bold lettering. Glue a 3”x 1/2” strip of striped paper, 3/8” from the top of the strip. Secure a pink flower pin through the strip and cut a “v” at the bottom. Glue 2” from the right side of the page, 1” from the top. For the right page: Glue an 8 3/4”x1” strip of pink dot paper with “v” at each end, across the green tulle paper 2 1/2” from the top.
- Step #2 Photos: For the left page: Mat two 3”x5” photos side by side and mat with green gingham paper and white cardstock, leaving 1/4” borders. Glue 3/8” from the right side of the page and 4” from the top. For the right page: Mat a 4”x6” photo with pink cardstock and a 3 1/4” square photo with a 1/16” border of white cardstock. Glue the large photo 3 1/4” from the left and 4” from the top. Glue the square photo to the top right corner.
- Technique: Tulle backing from organza roses as ribbon: For the right page: For the left side: Cut the tulle backing from each side of the organza rose ribbon. Glue a 5 1/2” length of rose ribbon between the photos and the remaining length, curved like garland at the top left page corner. Tie the tulle ribbon around the edge of the hearts on the house clips. Secure the clips to the top corners of the photos on both pages, using a glue dot under the knot of tulle to help secure. Fold a piece of striped paper in half and tear out a small heart shape. Foam tape to the right of the rose garland. Hold 2 lengths of tulle ribbon together and knot the center. Glue to the top of the heart. For the right page: Tie a length of tulle around the bottom edge of the square photo and knot at the front.
- Step #3 Journaling: For both pages: Write words on 1 5/8” wide strips of white cardstock using a whimsical font and bright color. Glue lengths of 1/2” wide striped paper across the top and bottom, 1/16” from the edges. Foam tape and mat with pink cardstock, leaving a 1/4” wide border. Foam tape the blocks of journaling to the left and right side of photos on both pages. For the right page: Write on small white rectangles, matted with 1/8” pink and glue to the left of the square photo.
- Technique: Flower Pin Flags: For the right page: Cut 1 1/4”-1 1/2” triangles of green gingham and pink dot papers. Apply a line of glue to the shortest straight edge and wrap this side around the top portion of 2 pink flower pins. Trim the overlapped paper from each flag and glue to extend from the top of the journaling block.