Designer Tip: Mix the patterned paper on the cones and ice cream tops to add visual interest and variety to the page.
Add ladder lace to cone pocket to create realistic ice cream cone effect.
- Background: Cut the 12”x5 3/4” scallop pattern paper and glue 1 3/4” from top of green gingham background paper. Back lace border Dazzles™ with blue-green patterned paper. Cut 12”x1” rose paper and glue the backed Dazzle to the top edge of it. Glue the backed and matted Dazzle to the top edge of the background paper.
- Photos: Mat both 3 1/2”x5” vertical photos on white cardstock with 1/8” borders. Glue the left edge centered to the left side of 4 1/4”x5 3/4” white dotted red paper leaving 1/8” borders. Glue photos to left side of page.
- Ice Cream Cone Pocket: Trace and cut Ice Cream Cone on kraft cardstock, score and fold the fold lines. Do not glue until Step 4. Trace and cut the ice cream shape on pink dot paper. Trace and cut Double Scoop on pink and green floral paper and glue to the top of the ice cream pocket. Trace and cut Cherry on rose paper and blue-green paper for stem and leaf. Mat Cheerful Cherry on white cardstock with 1/8” border.
- Cone Ribbon: Cut 24” white ladder ribbon. Place a Zots™ adhesive dot on the top left of ice cream Pocket Flap A and place left edge of white ladder ribbon on the dot parallel to the flap top. Place a Zot™ on the right side of the top flap and place the cut ribbon on the dot. Trim even with flap edges. Repeat steps moving down the pocket flap, having the ribbon edges touching. Repeat process on Pocket Flap B. Place Zots™ on the inside corners of the cone pocket and fold creating the pocket. Mat Ice Cream Cone and Second Scoop on white cardstock with 1/8” border. Glue Cheerful Cherry to top of Double Scoop.
- Tag: Write or computer journal on white cardstock, trace tag around journaling and cut out. Punch a 1/16” hole out of the top of the tag. Glue a heart on the tag from Stitched With Love 3-D Papier Tole Foil Die-Cuts extra artwork. Place tag into Ice Cream Cone pocket.
- Ice Cream Cone Banner: Trace five cone shapes from various patterned papers. Cut five cones from white cardstock and chalk every other blue or pink. Glue to top of cones, mat the cones with white cardstock, leaving a 1/8” wide border. Glue them across the bottom of the page as shown.
- Letters: Sprinkle the DIY alphabet stickers with pink glitter, tapping off excess and returning to jar. Place the stickers on the ice cream tops.
- Roses Die-Cut & Dazzles: Place two corner Dazzle™ stickers at opposite corners of the photos as shown. Place several lace stickers directly on the photo near the bottom. Assemble foil tole and glue to the base of the photos.