Designer's Tip: Sponge VersaMark™ ink on the background, dust with Zing! Embossing Powder, then use your fingertip to remove some of the powder, creating a free-form look. Pour a small amount of Copper Zing! Glitter Embossing Powder on your work surface, swipe the cut edges of the feathers with VersaMark™, then dip only the feather edges in the glitter powder, before dusting with another Zing! powder.
- Start with 12”x12” Chalkboard black/white border paper as your background. Use a cosmetic sponge to apply Evergreen Bough distress paint on the upper left, lower left and lower right corners, staying within the border art. Use a skewer to dip paint out of the Picket Fence distress paint bottle and “flick” paint dots across the three painted corners. Let dry.
- Apply VersaMark™ with a cosmetic sponge to the three corners in a random pattern and dust with Powder colored Zing embossing powder, shaking off excess. Use your finger to rub around the edges of the powder, removing enough to make a free-form look. Use the heat gun to set.
- Sand and distress the edges of a 6”x7 1/2” Chalkboard pink paper and sponge Evergreen Bough distress paint on the top and bottom edges. Emboss with Powder colored Zing, as in step-2. Glue onto your page center. Sand, distress and emboss a 7”x4” Chalkboard green paper, just as the pink paper, and glue 1” from the bottom edge of the pink paper, on center. Use the Plain & Simple ABC’s Stamp Set to stamp and emboss “Dear one” on the right side of the green paper with Blush Zing. Stamp and emboss “Remember” above the pink paper, with Powder colored Zing. Stamp and emboss a name below the pink paper, with Blush and Powder colored Zing, as shown.
- Swipe the edges of a 4”x6” photo with Picket Fence distress paint and let dry. Mat on black suede with a 1/8” border and glue centered on the pink paper.
- Cut two 3”x6” black suede papers and fold in half lengthwise. Using the Feathers & Flourishes template, place the Eagle Feather fold line along the fold on one of the papers and trace a #1 outline. Remove the template, cut out along the outline and make feather cuts along the edges, as shown on the template, then unfold the feather. Create a #2 Eagle feather with the other folded suede paper. Randomly cut out a few of the feathered strips on each feather. Use a 2”x6” suede paper (do not fold) to create half of a #1 Pheasant feather by placing the template fold line along the suede paper edge. Trace, cut out and feather cut as shown. Swipe the edges of all three feathers with VersaMark™, dust with Copper Glitter Zing and heat set. Zot™ on the left of the photo.
- Create a #1 Pheasant feather from Chalkboard green paper (keep folded) and a #2 Pheasant feather from Chalkboard pink paper (unfold). Swipe the cut edges of the feathers with VersaMark™, dip only the feather edges in Copper Glitter Zing, then dust with Blush or Powder Zing. Heat set. Create a #1 & a #2 Quail feather from Chalkboard black paper, a #1 Quail feather from Chalkboard pink swirl paper, and a #2 Owl feather from Chalkboard pink swirl paper. Emboss the edges as shown. Zot™ on the left of the photo, as shown.
- Swipe the edges of the Embellies™ flower die-cut with VersaMark™ and emboss with Copper Glitter, Powder and Blush Zing. Heat set. Place the die-cut over several loops of twine and sheer ribbon and poke the rose Embellies™ brad through the die-cut hole, feathers and page. Flatten the prongs on the back of the page. Zot™ on a twill bow. Poke two small teal Embellies™ brads through the upper right corner of the pink paper, flattening the prongs on the back.