Designer’s Tip: Use Glimmer Mists to add color to the card topper, then accent with suede and Jewel Border Dazzles™. I combined Butternut Squash and Crimson inks to create a pretty peachy color for the rose.
- Place your card with the fold at the left. Cover the card front with Forest Suede, trimming edges evenly with the card. Set aside.
- Place the card topper with the single rose/border on your protected work surface. Place the sticky note over the rose (align one side of the sticky note with the edge of the card to make it easy to place it again) and trace the outline of the rose onto the sticky note. Remove the sticky note and use your knife to cut out the rose shape. Set aside.
- Mist Butternut Squash ink over the entire card topper, about 4-5 sprays. Blot excess ink with a paper towel.
- Replace the sticky note over the rose, aligning the cut area so only the rose is exposed. Place scrap paper over the rest of the card topper. Spray Crimson ink lightly near the edge of the rose, about 1 or 2 sprays. Carefully remove the sticky note and scrap paper and set aside. Lightly spray Crimson ink over the corner of the card topper opposite the rose. Blot excess with a paper towel. Let dry.
- Mist the “Thinking of you” greeting with Butternut Squash ink and blot excess with a paper towel. Let dry. Trim around the greeting leaving a 1/16” border.
- Trim the edge of the card topper along the lace border, rose, and swirls leaving a 1/16” border. Place the topper so the rose is at the lower right corner. Trim 1/8” from the left side of the card topper. Use the small paint brush to paint in the leaves with English Ivy ink. Let dry. Glue the card topper to the suede covered card front, 1/8” from the left edge. Foam tape “Thinking of you” to the left side of the card topper 1” from the top and 3/8” from the left edge.
- Use 10” of pink sheer swirl ribbon to tie a bow and Zot near the greeting. Add green Jewel Border Dazzles™ to the greeting and border as shown.
- Cut a 5”x1 1/2" rectangle from a roses all-over pattern card topper. Mist over the entire piece with Butternut Squash ink and blot with a paper towel. Now mist with Crimson ink near the edge, just 1 or 2 sprays, being careful to not overdo it. Blot with a paper towel and let dry. Mat on Forest suede with 1/16” borders on long sides. Glue centered across the inside.
- Take the blank frame that matches the greeting on the front and mist with Butternut Squash ink. Blot with a paper towel and let dry. Trim around the edges leaving a 1/16” border. Use your knife to cut away the center rectangle inside the gold frame. Mist white cardstock with Butternut Squash ink and let dry. Write or computer print “With appreciation” on the inked area. Place the frame over the words, centering them inside the open space. Glue together and trim edges evenly. Glue to the right side of the rose paper. Zot knotted ribbon and place border stickers as shown.