Designer’s Tip: I used 2 colors of Distress inks and blended them over each other—with light to heavy application for lots of color variation. Use a light pouncing motion with the applicator to blend the colors smoothly.
- Place your card with the fold at the top. Place the overlapping hearts topper on your cutting surface. Use your knife to cut along the edge of the right half of the middle heart on the card topper.
- Glue the card topper even with the card front, leaving the cut area of the middle heart not glued. Cut out the “Thinking of you” label and the 2 small hearts on the words sheet, leaving a 1/16” white border on each piece.
- Use the stylus applicator and blender tips to apply Broken China ink to the large heart on the topper, allowing the ink to overlap some of the edges. Make the application light near the center and darker toward the sides of the heart. Now add ink randomly along the border of the card topper. Wipe off excess ink with a paper towel.
- Apply Worn Lipstick ink over the sides of the large heart, blending into the Broken China ink. Add Worn Lipstick ink over the middle heart, overlapping some of the Broken China ink. Vary the application from light to heavy, overlapping the two colors. Add some Worn Lipstick ink randomly along the border of the card topper, overlapping the Broken China ink in some areas. Wipe off excess with a paper towel.
- Apply Worn Lipstick ink heavily over the small striped heart on the topper. Add Worn Lipstick or Broken China over any areas of the topper that are still white. Blend areas together with subtle color as needed. Wipe off excess. Color the small dotted heart with a heavy application of Broken China ink, then add Worn Lipstick over the top for a purple color. Wipe off the excess. Color the small heart heavily with Worn Lipstick, then lightly blend a bit of Broken China ink over the top. Wipe off the excess. Apply foam tape to the back of the two small hearts. Lift up the edges of the middle heart on the topper and tuck the two small hearts beneath it, overlapping them as shown.
- Color the edges of the “Thinking of you” label with Broken China ink. Very lightly add Worn Lipstick ink over the center oval. Wipe off the excess ink. foam tape the label to the right side of the card as shown. Embellish with Gold Heart Pearl Jewel Dazzles™ as shown. Use a 10” length of 1/4" wide teal sheer ribbon to tie a bow. Zot the bow near the label.
- Cut a 6 1/2"x1/2” strip from metallic gold paper and glue centered across the inside. Cut out the “Happy Birthday” label leaving a 1/16” border. Color the outer edges of the label with Broken China ink and wipe off the excess. Lightly color the inside oval with Worn Lipstick ink, then add a little more color over the swirls on the left side of the words. Wipe off the excess ink. Glue the label centered over the gold strip. Cut out a small heart from the label blanks sheet leaving a 1/16” white border. Color it with Worn Lipstick ink and wipe off the excess. Glue overlapping the lower left edge of the label. Embellish with gold heart pearl stickers.