Designer Tip: The stamps make it easy to put together this card. The lines of each greeting are separate stamps, which is helpful for arranging your text. When stamping on the Honeycomb paper, make sure the arrow on the stamp is going the same directions as the textured stripes on the paper, otherwise your pop-up won’t work.
- Open the card and score a line vertically 1/8” to the right of the original fold. Fold along this line to create a small spine for your card. Although this step is optional, it allows room for the thickness of the Honeycomb paper.
- Close the card. With the fold on the left, cover the card front with multi-stripe paper. Glue 3”x5” of yellow dot paper across the card 2” from the top. Use Zips™ adhesive lines to adhere orange ribbon across the top and bottom of the yellow dot piece. Glue small orange bows to the top right and bottom left of the ribbon strips as shown.
- Stamp the window elephant on white cardstock. Color the image with Spectrum Noir Pens: Cool Greys IG1, IG2, and Skin Tones FS6. Mat the window on turquoise tile paper with a 1/8” border. Glue to card tilted to the left, 1 1/2” from the top and 1/4” from the left. Stamp a party hat on white cardstock and color with Turquoises BT2 and BT4. Cut out and glue to the top of the elephant. Cut 2 1/4”x1 1/2” of white cardstock and stamp the greeting in the center. Ink the edges and mat on turquoise tile with a 1/8” border. Ink edges and glue to card tilted to the right, 1/4” from the right and 3/4” from the bottom. Stamp confetti scattered around the yellow dot piece.
- Open the card. Place a piece of scrap paper (a piece of stencil tape may also be used) over the open card (both panels) so the bottom edge is 1 1/2” away from the bottom edge of the card. Use a cosmetic sponge and yellow ochre ink to sponge over the edge of the paper onto the card, covering the bottom 1 1/2”. Remove the scrap paper.
- Stamp a sitting elephant on white cardstock and color in with the same colors as the elephant on the front. Cut out. Stamp the same elephant on the inside of the card with the base of the balloon lined up with the fold. Glue the colored in elephant over this stamped elephant. Stamp the balloon on the Honeycomb paper in the direction shown on the package. Cut out and apply glue stick to both sides. Glue to the card at the end of the balloon string, closing the card to adhere both sides. Open the card to reveal your HoneyPop creation.
- Create and glue a party hat for the elephant the same way as on the front of the card. Stamp presents on white cardstock and color them in with the same colors as the hat. Cut out and glue to the right of the elephant as shown.
- Stamp “Happy Birthday” in the center of 1 3/4”x1 1/4” of white cardstock and ink edges. Mat on turquoise tile with 1/8” borders and ink edges. Glue to card 3/4” from the right and 1 1/2” from the top. Stamp confetti scattered below the greeting.
Supplies: (Find these supplies and more at www.paperwishes.com)
- Stamps: Birthday Elephant HoneyPOP Set (link)
- Honeycomb Paper Assortment Pack: Warm Colors (link)
- Soft Nostalgia paper pack (link)
- Soft Nostalgia ribbons (1/4” wide sheer orange ribbon) (link)
- 5”x6 1/2” blank white card (link)
- ColorBox® Black Pigment ink pad (link)
- ColorBox® Fluid Chalk ink pad: Yellow Ochre (link)
- Embossing heat tool (link)
- Spectrum Noir Pens: Cool Greys (link), Skin Tones (link), and Turquoises (link)
- Zips™ adhesive lines (link)
- White cardstock (link)
- X-acto® knife (link)
- Cosmetic sponges
- Metal edge ruler