Designer’s Tip: The HoneyPOP paper can be used with most any simple shape, including those from templates. I repeated this flower and flowerpot shape with flat paper to tie the two together.
- With the flower design in the lower left corner, trim 1” from the top and right sides of the Boutique corner design paper. Ink the edges and glue centered on the Boutique brown paper.
- Glue a 5”x7” photo 2” from the left edge and 1 1/2” from the top. Using the Playful Pockets template cut a flower from Boutique pink/green paper, a flower center from light paper, and a flowerpot from the green houndstooth. Cut a 1/4” strip of brown for the stem. Ink the edges and glue the flower to the upper right corner of the page as shown with the stem glued underneath. Foam tape the flower center and Zot™ the button on the flower. Fold the top “rim” of the flowerpot back and ink along the fold to define the rim. Glue to the page and trim the excess.
- Cut a blank card to 3”x6” and cover the inside with Boutique blue dot paper. With the card opening to the right, cover the front flap with checkered paper and round the corners.
- Using the Playful Pockets template, trace a half flower on white HoneyPOP paper and cut out. Trace a half flowerpot on brown HoneyPOP paper and cut out. Cut a 1/4” strip of Boutique houndstooth for the flower stem, and two leaves. Ink the edges of the leaves and fold in half to create an inked line down the center. Glue the stem and leaves to the center of the card inside. Glue the HonePOP flower and pot and close the card to dry. Place something heavy on top to keep it closed.
- Cut a brown Lacy Label and punch holes on the sides as shown on the template. Mat on white cardstock with 1/16” borders. Print your journaling on a Boutique houndstooth Victorian Frame. Ink the edges and glue to the brown label. Foam tape to the page below the photo.
- Print “Bloom” on white and cut out Bracket Label B. Ink the edges and mat on brown with 1/16” borders. Glue vertically to the inside of the card. Punch two 1/4” holes in the front of the card and thread the ribbon through. Glue the ribbon around the back of the card and glue the card to the page 1 1/2” from the right and bottom edges. Tie a bow to keep the card closed.
- Zot™ a green checkered knot on the upper left of the photo, and glue a 7 1/2” blue rick rack above the photo.
Supplies: (Find these supplies and more at www.paperwishes.com)
- Boutique paper pack (link)
- Layered Labels template (link)
- Playful Pockets template (link)
- Boutique ribbon (link)
- Yellow button (link)
- 5”x6 1/2” blank white card
- White cardstock (link)
- Distress ink – pumice stone (link)
- HoneyPOP honeycomb paper – neutral (link)
- Cosmetic sponge
- Circle punches – 1/4” (link), 1/8” (link), 1/16” (link)
- Corner chomper (link)
- Foam tape (link)
- Zots™ Adhesive Dots (link)