Designer Tip: After stamping images with the VersaMark ink pad and heat setting them, I used a fine tipped paint brush to apply chalks for color. Heat setting the stamped images gets them ready to accept the chalk. Be sure the images are cooled completely before adding chalk. A little excess chalk around the words is pretty, but can also be carefully erased. Only use the eraser lightly around the images, and do not use heavy pressure with the eraser over the images. If you erase too much, simply add more chalk.
- Place the card with the fold at the top. Punch a 3 1/2" pale yellow circle and mat on dark blue/green circles paper leaving a 1/8” border. Stamp “happy Birthday to you” across the center of the circle with VersaMark ink. Use the Embossing Heat Tool to heat set the ink. Set the circle aside for a few minutes. Cover the card front with green/blue/red/yellow stars and dots paper. Cover the bottom 2 1/2" with red textured paper. Cut a 6 1/2"x3/8” pale yellow strip and glue across the top edge of the red paper. Cut out several stars and circles from remaining paper and apply foam tape to the back of each.
- Use the paint brush to apply chalk to the words, starting with red. Clean the brush by wiping it against a paper towel, then add blue chalk to the next letters, overlapping a bit of the red if desired for a rainbow effect. Continue with the green, then blue, and red again, cleaning off the brush between colors. Use the eraser to remove any excess stray chalk. Now stamp stars, “surprises”, and “Yipee!” and heat set the images. Let the images cool completely before adding chalks to the images. Foam tape the circle centered over the yellow strip on the card front. Foam tape stars and circles around and on the circle as shown. Zot knotted ribbon left of the circle.
- Glue a 6 1/2"x3 1/2" green/red/blue/yellow stars and circles paper across the inside, 1/2" from the bottom. Stamp “Celebrate!” on pale yellow cardstock, heat set the image, then let it cool completely and chalk the image as in step #2 Trim the image into a rectangle, then mat on blue/green dots paper leaving a 1/8” border. Mat again on red textured paper, leaving a 1/4" border. Glue centered to the inside. Cut a circle and star from remaining paper and foam tape them overlapping the mat as shown.
Supplies: (Find these supplies and more at www.paperwishes.com)
- Rock On Paper Pack (link)
- Pale yellow cardstock (link)
- Lace Ribbons set (link)
- Birthday Greetings Stamps (link)
- Acrylic block (link)
- 5”x6 1/2” blank white card (link)
- VersaMark ink pad (link)
- Embossing Heat Tool (link)
- 3 1/2" circle punch (link)
- Pebbles Basic chalk set (link)
- Zots™ adhesive dots (link)
- foam tape (link)
- small fine-tipped paint brush
- white artist’s plastic eraser