Designer Tip: I love the sparkle of the new Smooch Glitz! First I painted inside the stamped images with Smooch Inks, let it dry, and then painted over with Smooch Glitz for a glittery sparkle that’s perfect for a birthday theme. I also added the Glitz over pink paper to add sparkle to the matting. The key to painting in tiny spaces with Smooch is to use a very light touch of the pointed brush.
- Place the card with the fold at the left. Cover the card front with blue/pink/green/aqua stripes and circles paper. Mat the top and bottom of a 5”x3 1/2" green circles rectangle on dark pink leaving a 1/16” border. Glue across the center of the card front. Glue a 5”x1 1/2" pink tiles rectangle across the center of the green circles paper. Glue blue twill across the center of the pink tiles rectangle, trimming sides evenly with the card. Glue dark pink mini rick rack even with the top and bottom edges of the card front.
- Use the template to trace a designer label on light blue cardstock and cut it out. Mat on dark pink leaving a 1/16” border. Stamp “eat cake” plus the candle to the right of the words on the center of the label with dark brown ink. Stamp the flower image 3 times on each side, evenly spaced as shown. Use the brown pen to add pen work doodles between around the edges and between the flowers as shown.
- Paint in the images with Smooch inks (using a very light touch of the pointed brush for tiny spaces and thin lines) as follows: Sassy pink for inside the letter “e”, the wide stripes and outer flame of the candle, and the center flower on each side; use Frosted Aqua Smooch ink for inside the letter “a”; use Cape Cod Smooch ink for inside the letter “t”, and remaining flowers; use Moonlight Smooch ink for the narrow stripes on the candle and the inner flame, outlining the letters, and flower centers. Let dry. For the Glitz, paint Pink Fizz Glitz over the Sassy Pink areas; paint Lime Twist Glitz over the Frosted Aqua area; paint Mystified Glitz over the Cape Cod areas; paint Goldrush Glitz over the Moonlight candle flame and the flower centers. Paint Pink Fizz Glitz over the dark pink matting for extra sparkle. Let dry. Foam tape the label centered over the blue twill on the card front. Tie a bow with blue twill and Zot to the card as shown.
- Mat the bottom edge of a 5”x2 1/2" green circles paper on dark pink, leaving a 1/16” border. Glue to the inside, 1” from the bottom. Glue a 5”x3/4” pink tiles paper rectangle across the green circles paper, 2 1/2" from the bottom of the card. Stamp “Happy Birthday” across the lower right area of the green circles paper. Use the template to trace a vintage sign shape on light blue cardstock, then cut it out. Mat on dark pink, leaving a 1/16” border. Stamp “May your layers be many and your frosting be thick.” Onto the center of the label with dark brown ink. Let dry. Paint in the spaces of the letters with Smooch inks, then Glitz as you did for the front. Add Pink Fizz Glitz to the dark pink mat. Let dry, then glue to the inside as shown.
Supplies: (Find these supplies and more at www.paperwishes.com)
- Confetti Playground Paper Pack (link)
- Confetti Playground Ribbons (link)
- Light blue cardstock, dark pink cardstock (link)
- Birthday Greetings Stamps (link)
- Acrylic block (link)
- 5”x6 1/2” blank white card (link)
- 15 Lovely Labels Template (link)
- Smooch inks: Sassy Pink (link), Frosted Aqua (link), Cape Cod (link), Moonlight (link)
- Smooch glitz: Pink fizz (link), Lime Twist (link), Mystified (link), Gold Lame (link)
- Fine-tipped brown pen
- Dark Brown ColorBox Fluid Chalk ink pad (link)
- Embossing Heat Tool (link) (link)
- Zots™ adhesive dots (link)
- foam tape (link)