Designer's Tip: Ink the Oval Laser-cut Card Layer with VersaMark™, then emboss with Zing! Glitter Embossing Powder for an eye-catching sparkly finish.
- Front: Place the Oval Die-Cut card with the fold at the left. Press out the die-cut corner pieces if they are still in place on the card front. Cover the front of the card with Robin’s Red blue striped paper. Add Red Jewel Border Dazzles™ on the top, bottom, and left side of the card front. Open the card out flat on your cutting mat with the inside up. Use your knife to cut away the paper from the die-cut corner areas and along the curve of the oval shape.
- Place an Oval Laser-cut Card Layer on scrap paper. Ink the surface of the Oval laser-cut card layer with the VersaMark™ ink pad, then sprinkle with Red Zing! Glitter Embossing Powder. Tap off the excess and funnel it back into the container. Emboss with the heat gun. Glue the embossed Card Layer centered on the oval die-cut card, 3/8” from the top.
- Punch out a blue swirl, large bird, gray bow, and blue/red heart die-cuts. Glue the blue swirl centered on the embossed oval card layer with the larger swirl on the bottom as shown. Foam tape the gray bow die-cut near the bird’s head, then add an Embellies™ brad on the center of the bow. Foam tape the bird die-cut on the swirl as shown. Write or computer print “Hello” on Robin’s Red ivory frillies paper and trim into a small tag shape. Ink the edges black and glue angled on the lower card front as shown. Add a small gray brad centered on the blue/red heart die-cut and foam tape it overlapping the blue swirl and tag. Decorate the blue swirl die-cut with Red Jewel Dazzles™. Use 1/8” wide blue sheer ribbon to tie a bow. Zot™ the bow on the bottom of the embossed Card Layer.
- Inside: Cover the inside with Robin’s Red blue/ivory frillies paper. Cut a 2”x4 3/8” Robin’s Red ivory frillies paper and glue it even with the fold so it shows through the die-cut corners on the front of the card when closed. Add Red Jewel Border Dazzles™ on the top, bottom and right edges of the blue/ivory frillies paper, and trim to fit the left edge of the ivory frillies paper.
- Write or computer print “Hope you’re having a happy day!” centered on the bottom of the blue oval die-cut with red dot border. Glue centered on the inside, checking to make sure the die-cut is covered when the card it closed. Punch out the smaller bird and heart die-cuts and glue as shown. Zot™ a knotted blue sheer ribbon on the heart.