Designer Tip: Make a photocopy of your personal photo to use behind your acrylic shape, as the crystal lacquer will make a regular photo’s colors “bleed”.
- Use a chipboard pennant as a template to trace and cut out four or more cardstock pennant album pages and punch holes at the top. Ink the edges of each page brown.
- Place a chipboard pennant with the holes at the top, glue the yellow/turquoise floral paper even with the lower points and trim edges even with the pennant. Use the hole punch to locate the pennant holes and re-punch each time you add paper. Back the pennant with aqua paper in the same way. Fold a 4” by 1 1/2” aqua/purple paper over the upper edge and glue in place. Ink the cut edges brown. Repeat for the other pennant.
- Place thin line Dazzles™ on the lower edges of the pennant and on the upper folded over paper. Use the Bookplate Label template from the Design Toolkit to trace and cut out a suede label and glue on the cover. Use thin line Dazzles™ to make a frame on the suede, as shown.
- Trace the 2.17” wide charm over a photocopy of your photo and cut out. Follow the manufacturer’s directions (supplied with the acrylic charms) to adhere the charm over the photocopy. Let dry, sand edges lightly and ink edges with Gold StazOn® ink. Let dry.
- Cut out a 1.15” wide u-cut artwork, journal “Baby’s” on the lower area. Cut out one 1 79” wide artwork. Paint small details of the artwork with Smooch® Inks and let dry. Adhere the charms as in step four and let dry. Sand, then ink edges gold.
- Tie a loop of 1/4” sheer onto each charm. Zot™ the photo charm in place and foam tape the other charms as shown. Place a “Family” Dazzle on the lower charm. Tie the 1 1/2” wide crepe in a knot, trim ends and Zot™ onto the upper paper strip. Tuck several metal charms under the knot and Zot™ in place. Snip off the top loops on several metal charms and Zot™ or glue below the charms. Tie a small bow with 1/8” sheer and Zot™ onto the charms.
- For the pages: Mat four or more 2 1/2”x3 1/2” photos on white with 1/16” borders, then on various other papers with 1/8” borders and glue to your pages. Place border Dazzles™ on photos.
- Use charms to trace and cut out two 1 1/6” wide floral paper charm shapes and two 1.26” wide aqua dot paper charm shapes. Adhere the charms as in step four and let dry. Sand, then ink edges gold. Starting 3/4” from the upper edge of the page, Zot™ or glue 1/2” of each charm onto the right edge of each page, positioning each charm lower than the charm on the page before it. Place Friends and Family Dazzles™ on each charm, and Zot™ or glue on small metal charms and bows.
- Align the pages inside of the covers, thread 1/4” ribbon through the holes and tie into bows at the top, leaving just loose enough to open and close your album.