Designer Tip: Misting on patterned papers creates a unique look. Make sure you use a light texture or pattern that’s not too busy, so your stencil will show up.
- Ink the edges of the pink paper with brown ink and a cosmetic sponge. Place the page on your craft sheet or protected work surface. Place the Monarch stencil over the page and spray with brown Glimmer Mist. Remove the stencil and blot it (the stencil) with a paper towel. Set the pink page to dry. Repeat with a sheet of the blue swirl paper and let dry.
- Cut out the 9 1/4” square frame from the blue paper and turn on point. Ink edges brown with a cosmetic sponge. Glue centered on the pink page and trim corners to fit.
- Ink the edges of a 4”x6” photo and mat on a separate sheet of blue swirl, leaving a 3/8” border. Ink edges and glue to page 2” from the left and 2 1/2” from the bottom.
- Cut 4”x6 1/2” of beige texture paper and ink edges. Print a caption on the middle 3” of the piece. Roll the top and bottom edges by wrapping it around a pencil, then rolling it with your fingers. Glue the center section to the page 1 3/4” from the right and 3 3/4” from the bottom.
- Cut out two fleur de lis shapes from the blue page and ink the edges. Foam tape above and below the journaling. Add a knot of pink ribbon above and below the journaling, adhering with Zots™ adhesive dots.
Supplies: (Find these supplies and more at www.paperwishes.com)
- Handmade Memories paper pack (link)
- Handmade Memories ribbons (3/4” wide pink crepe) (link)
- Monarch stencil (link)
- Glimmer Mist: Crème de Chocolat (link)
- Dark Brown Fluid Chalk ink pad (link)
- Cosmetic sponge
- Zots™ adhesive dots (link)
- Foam tape (link)
- Craft sheet (link)