Designer Tip: Caution: only use an inkjet printer, the plastic will ruin laser or other printers. When cutting inside corners on your shrink plastic, be very careful because the plastic can split easily.
- Place your card with the fold on the left. Cut 1” off of the upper edge. Cover with green dot paper, glue in place and ink the edges. Ink the edges of a 4 1/2”x5” black houndstooth paper and glue on center.
- Use the Fancy Label template to trace and cut out a label from yellow scroll paper. Ink the edges and foam tape 3/4” from the upper edge. Trace and cut out a large flower from black dot paper, ink the edges and glue at the upper left corner of the label, curling the petals up with your fingers. Glue the ribbon 3/4” from the lower card edge, and trim ends even with the houndstooth.
- Using only an inkjet printer, follow the manufacturer’s instructions to print the following clip art on the shrink plastic: tin pin bee girl, tin pin bee, tin pin sunflower, small bee, three small sunflowers, “your friendship is sweeter than honey” label, “thanks for bee-ing my friend” label, large green scallop label. Cut out each image leaving a 1/16” border all around, being careful not to split or rip the plastic. Using the heat gun, follow the manufacturer’s instructions to shrink each cutout over the craft sheet, turning the piece over frequently with tweezers to heat evenly. The piece will curl and shrink drastically, but it will relax and flatten when shrinking stops. Immediately place the acrylic block on the piece until it cools, just a few seconds.
- Zot or glue the bee girl onto the large label, the sunflower on her hand and the tin pin over her face. Use the Tiny Label template to trace and cut out a label from yellow grid paper. Ink the edges curl the long ends and to the right side of the ribbon. Ink the edges of the “your friendship...” label, mat on houndstooth with a 1/16” border and foam tape onto the tiny label, tucking a small sunflower under the edge.
- Zot a bow onto the left side of the ribbon strip and Zot on a small bee. Place Jewel Dazzles on the girl, pin, labels, black flower and corners of papers, as shown.
- For the inside: Cover with yellow scroll paper, glue in place and ink the edges. Mat a 5”x1” black dot on houndstooth with a 1/4” border on upper and lower edges and glue on center.
- Zot on the green scallop label and the large bee. Ink the edges of the “Thanks for bee-ing...” label, mat on yellow grid with a 1/16” border and Zot onto the scallop label. Tie a knot of ribbon around the two small sunflowers and Zot on. Place Jewel Dazzles on the bee, small label and black dot paper corners.