Designer Tip: Be sure to read all of the manufacturer’s instructions before using the shrink plastic and only print using an inkjet printer. The plastic will ruin laser or other printers.
- Open your card and place with the fold running horizontal. Cut 1/2” from the upper edge and close your card, with the fold at the top. Cover with pink floral paper, glue in place and ink the edges. Ink the edges of a 5 3/4”x3 3/4” blue gingham, tear off the upper right hand corner and glue on center. Glue a 3 3/4” length of ivory ribbon 1 1/2” from the left edge of the blue and place border Dazzles to the left and right. Place a border Dazzle on the lower edge of the card front.
- Using only an inkjet printer, follow the manufacturer’s instructions to print the following clip art on the shrink plastic: tin pin bunny in cup, tin pin peeking bunny, “Everyone needs a friend who is all ears” label, small pink square label. Cut out each image leaving a 1/16” border all around, being careful not to split or rip the plastic. Using the heat gun, follow the manufacturer’s instructions to shrink each cutout over the craft sheet, turning the piece over frequently with tweezers to heat evenly. The piece will curl and shrink drastically, but it will relax and flatten when shrinking stops. Immediately place the acrylic block on the piece until it cools, just a few seconds.
- Tie a small knot of ivory ribbon on the teacup handle. Foam tape the piece over the right side of the torn paper edge and Zot the tin pin bunny over the face. Place border Dazzles on the teacup and “For You Friend” Dazzles below it.
- Cut out a circle from the quilt circle paper, ink the edges and foam tape over the ribbon strip. Zot on the pink square label, on point and place Jewel Dazzles “innies” on label and circle. Zot on the “Everyone needs...” label. Zot a bow of pink ribbon below and place a large Jewel Dazzle dot (cut from the border strip) on the bow.
- For the inside: Ink the edges of a 6 1/2”x2” pink paper and glue at the fold. Ink the edges of a 6 1/2”x3” blue gingham paper and glue even with the lower edge. Glue a 6 1/2” length of ivory ribbon 1/16” below the upper edge of the blue and place a border Dazzle below it. Place a border Dazzle on the lower edge.
- Zot the peeking bunny in place and place “You’re the Best” Dazzles on the blue. Zot a pink knot of ribbon below the Dazzles text.