Designer's Tip: After embossing the paper with the Simple Roses embossing folder, apply the Distress Paint with a piece of cardstock to highlight the design.
- Front: Trim the card to 5 5/8”x5” and place with the fold at the left. Cover the card with Chalkboard black/ivory/gold/green flowers and flourishes paper.
- Cut a 5”x6 1/2" of the solid black paper from the center of the Chalkboard black/white frame border paper. Place the paper inside the Simple Roses Embossing Folder so the black side of the paper and the black side of the embossing folder are both facing up. Place the embossing folder on the plate of your embossing machine. Using the appropriate “sandwich” for your machine, pull the embossing folder through. Remove the paper from the embossing folder.
- Place the Design Tool Victorian Cutaway shape centered on the embossed paper, with the scalloped edge even with the bottom of the embossed image. Trace around the scalloped edge only, with a pencil. Remove the template and trim along your pencil lines. Now trim along the long straight edge of the embossed image.
- Shake the bottle of Distress Paint well and apply a small amount of paint to one edge of the cardstock square. Pull the edge across the embossed paper. Repeat until paint covers all the embossed areas. Let dry.
- Mat the scalloped edge of the embossed piece on Chalkboard ivory/black dots paper with a 1/8” border. Ink the edges. Glue on the card with the long straight edge even with the fold, centered vertically. Trim the excess even with the card. Cut a 5/8”x6” Chalkboard ivory/black dots paper and glue on the card, even with the fold. Cut a 1/2"x6” Chalkboard green/aqua tiles paper and glue even with the fold. Ink the edges of the card with Black ink.
- Use the Elegant Tag shape to trace a tag on ivory textured paper. Cut it out and ink the edges. Cut a 1/4"x1 1/4" green/aqua tiles strip, ink the edges, and glue across the bottom of the tag. Cut a 1/8”x1 1/4" ivory/black dots paper and ink the edges. Glue across the green/aqua strip on the tag. Mat the tag on green/aqua tiles paper with 1/16” borders. Ink the edges. Place “Thinking of You” centered above the paper strips.
- Arrange flowers and tag together on the embossed portion of the card front as shown. Glue the tag in place. Use 3/4" wide yellow crepe ribbon to tie a bow, trimming the ends into a “V”. Zot™ the bow on the left side of the card as shown.
- Inside: Cut a 5”x1” Chalkboard black/ivory/gold/green flowers and flourishes paper and ink the edges black. Glue centered on the card. Use the Exquisite Label shape to trace a label on ivory textured paper with a pencil. Cut it out and ink the edges black. Cut a 1/2" wide piece of green/aqua tiles paper and place the label template centered on it. Use the pencil to trace the side edges on the paper. Remove the template and trim the edges. Repeat for a 1/4" wide piece of ivory/black dots paper. Ink the edges of both pieces. Glue the green/aqua strip centered on the ivory textured label. Glue the ivory/black dots strip centered on the green/aqua strip. Glue the label centered on the inside. Place “Happy Birthday” on the bottom of the shape. Add flowers and knotted ribbon as shown.