Designer Tip: The 8-point star pieces can be cut from the suede before placing in the embossing folder, or you can emboss 6”x6” pieces to use with the template.
- Open your card with the fold vertical and cut 1 3/4” off of the left edge. Close your card and place with the fold on the left. Glue a 3 1/4”x6” black houndstooth paper even with the left edge.
- Place a 6” square of snow suede inside the embossing folder and run through the machine, following the manufacturer’s instructions. Glue two 3 1/4”x1/2” snow embossed strips along the upper and lower edges. Place Thin Line Dazzles™ along the houndstooth edges.
- Use the template to trace and cut out two 8-Point Star top pieces from forest suede and two bottom pieces from snow suede. Place the pieces in the folder and emboss. Emboss a 6” square of black suede. Glue together the 8-Point Star pieces and mat on black embossed suede with a 1/8” border.
- Glue the 8-Point Stars 1/16” from the upper and right edges, aligning the star points on center, as shown. Open your card and place inside down on your cutting mat. Use your knife to cut out the window formed by the star points, 1/8” from the edges of the matted stars, as shown.
- Place Thin Line Dazzles™ around the window edges and Zot™ a small bow to the left. Apply Stickles on each star center and push a flower onto each, allowing the excess to squeeze into the center of the flower. Let dry.
- For the inside: Glue two 5”x1/2” houndstooth strips on the upper and lower edges and glue a 5”x5 1/2” snow embossed piece on center. Place Thin Line Dazzles™ along the houndstooth edges.
- Create another 8-Point Star as in step-3 and glue on center, making sure that the star center is aligned in the front window. Apply stickles and a flower at the center and Zot™ two small bows, as shown. Let dry. Zot™ small bows to the left and right of the star.
- Cut two 1 1/2”x1” white cardstock pieces and use the 8-point star template to cut the left end of each into a point. Mat on houndstooth with a 1/16” border on upper, lower and left edges Place border Dazzles™ on the right edge and place the greetings Dazzles™ as shown. Close your card and foam tape the greetings tags on the right edges, evenly spaced from the star points, as shown.