Designer Tip: When tearing Holographic Ripple paper, it’s easier make a small cut with your scissors first to start the tearing process, or the paper covering will stretch.
- Cut a 6”x4 1/2” white cardstock and ink the edges brown. Ink the motorcycle stamp with brown and use the “stamping off” method to stamp onto scrap paper, then onto the cardstock in various places, from the upper left corner down to the lower right corner. Place a 6”x4 1/2” acetate in the Petite Dots folder and run through the machine, following the manufacturer’s instructions. Zot™ the acetate onto the stamped cardstock.
- Place a 5 7/8”x4 3/8” mocha ripple in the Gun Metal embossing folder and run through the machine. Sand the raised embossed pattern. Tear the paper from the upper left corner to the lower right corner, and save the upper torn piece for the inside of your card. Emboss the left and lower edges with Aged Gold enamel. Zot™ onto the acetate, 1/16” from the edges.
- Stamp and emboss the motorcycle in brown on a 3”x1 3/4” kraft cardstock and ink the edges. Emboss the left and lower edges with Aged Gold enamel. Punch a hole at each end and thread a 5” length of memory thread through each hole. Twist thread once, foam tape the embossed motorcycle to the center of the acetate/ripple piece and tape the thread ends to the back.
- Place your card with the fold at the top. Cover with black houndstooth paper and glue in place. Foam tape the acetate/ripple piece to the center of your card. Place Happy Birthday Dazzles™ as shown.
- For the inside: Journal “Let the Good Times Roll!” 1/2” from the lower edge of a 6 1/2”x5” kraft cardstock and glue onto your card.
- Tear 1” off of the lower edge of another 6 1/2”x5” kraft cardstock and glue even with the fold. Stamp the motorcycle image in brown above the torn edge and use the “stamping off” method to stamp in between the stamped images.
- Glue on the saved torn ripple piece, as shown.