Designer Tip: Make the banner greeting wavy with your fingers and glue in two places to look like a real banner blowing in the wind!
- For the card front: Place the card with the fold on the left. Cut two strips of striped paper to 1/4”x6 1/2” and glue one on the left edge and one on the right edge. Cut two strips of black paper to 1/8”x6 1/2” and glue next to the striped papers. Cut teal paper to 4 1/4”x6 1/2” and glue down the center of the card.
- Cut yellow paper to 1 1/4”x5” and ink the long edges with black ink. Glue to the card 1/4” from the bottom edge. Trim the black border to 5” long and glue over the yellow strip. Glue the two black swirl designs in the upper corners, tilted slightly to align with the corners.
- Foam tape scalloped shape 1/2” from the top of the card. Mat the black heart with teal paper and glue to the card, then glue the teal flower onto the heart. Foam tape the red heart overlapping the black heart, then the striped heart. Tie baker’s twine through the black button and foam tape to the card overlapping the red and striped hearts.
- Glue the teal medium flower over the black border, then glue the pink flower overlapping the teal. Mat the “I love you” tag with white cardstock with 1/16” borders and foam tape to the card overlapping the pink flower. Foam tape the red heart over the flowers.
- Mat the “For Someone Special” label with white cardstock with 1/16” borders and shape like a banner. Glue to the card 1 1/2” from the top and 1/4” from the left edge.
- For the inside: Cut teal paper to 1/2”x5” and glue to the card 1/2” from the bottom edge. Cut striped paper to 1/4”x5” and glue above the teal strip. Cut black paper to 1/8” and glue above striped paper. Cut yellow paper to 1 5/8”x5” and ink long edges. Glue to the card above the black strip. Cut red paper to 1”x5” and glue above the yellow paper. Cut another black strip to 1/8”x5” and glue above the red paper, then glue another striped piece 1/4”x5” above the black.
- Cut black border to 2” long and glue over the yellow paper 1/2” from the left edge. Foam tape teal flower tag above the black border 1 1/8” from the left edge. Glue flower circle behind the tag 7/8” from the right edge and 1 3/4” from the top. Foam tape “You are in my…” label overlapping tag and circle 1 1/4” from the right and bottom edges.
- Tie pink baker’s twine through black button and foam tape to the top of the tag. Glue hearts on the tag and label, and the green heart to the white part of the card next to the tag.
Supplies: (Find these supplies and more at www.paperwishes.com)
- Cherry On top Artful card kit (link)
- White cardstock (link)
- StazOn®Black ink pad (link)
- 5”x6 1/2” blank white card (link)
- Tertiary Bakers Twine (link)
- Foam tape (link)