Designer Tip: The hanger-shaped paper clips are so adorable, and they actually work, too! The chipboard buttons were easy to cover with paper, and string with narrow ribbon—so cute! I also like the technique of placing your Dazzles™ on patterned paper and trimming just outside the edge to get a matted look.
- Start with the striped paper as your background, with the stripes horizontal. Mat two 6”x4” photos on pink floral, leaving a 1/8” border. Ink edges Toffee. Mat again on green pattern, leaving a 1/4” border, and ink edges. Mat a 6”x4” photo on green pattern with a 1/8” border and ink edges. Mat on pink floral with a 1/4” border and ink edges.
- Glue a green-framed photo 1/4” from the left and 1” from the bottom. Glue the pink-framed photo 3/8” from the right and 3” from the top. Glue the third photo 1” from the top and 2” from the left.
- Print your journaling on 4 1/8”x2 1/8” of white cardstock and mat on pink with a 1/8” border. Ink edges. Clip a metal hanger on the top center and glue to page 1/4” from the left and 1” from the top. Print another caption on 4”x1 1/2” of white cardstock and mat on green pattern with a 1/8” border. Ink edges, clip a hanger on the top right, and glue 5/8” from the right and 2 1/4” from the bottom.
- Print 3 large title words on green pattern paper and trim around each. Back with strips of pink floral. Glue two words in the top right corner and glue the third word 1 1/2” from the right and 3/4” from the bottom. Zot™ a hanger just above the word.
- Place a large square chipboard button face down on the back of yellow floral paper and cut around. Punch the holes with a 1/8” hole punch and ink edges Toffee. Repeat this process with 8 more buttons, making a variety of shapes and colors. Wrap the end of narrow pink ribbon with tape, making a stiff “needle” Weave the ribbon in and out of the holes of 4 buttons, making a “garland” of buttons. Zot™ the ends to the backs of the buttons. Zot™ the buttons along the top of the top photo, to the right of the journaling. Make another button garland with the remaining 5 buttons and Zot™ along the bottom of the bottom photo as shown.
- Place the sewing machine Dazzle on green pattern and trim around, cutting 1/8” outside of the shape. Glue to the page 3” from the top and 1/2” from the left. Do the same with the dress form and pin cushion on pink floral paper. Glue the dress form 4 1/4” from the right and 1” from the bottom. Glue the pincushion 1/8” to the right of the dress form. Place a hanger clip in between the top and bottom photos as shown. Zot™ another hanger at the top right, on the edge of the photo mat. Place the scissors Dazzle at the bottom right as shown. Mat a flower Dazzle on green pattern and glue to the top right, 1/2” from the right and 1” from the top.
Supplies: (Find these supplies and more at www.paperwishes.com)
- Sew Cute Paper Pack (link)
- Lace Ribbon Set (link)
- Sew Sweet Dazzles™ (link)
- Maya Road Chipboard Buttons (link)
- 7gypsies® antique silver Mini Hangers (link)
- 1/8” hole punch (link)
- Dark Brown Fluid Chalk Ink Pad (link)
- Zots™ adhesive dots (link)
- White cardstock (link)
- Cosmetic sponge