Designer's Tip: Try placing a scrap piece of acetate over the Metal Leaf and burnish with a bone folder, to make it attach better to the prepared surface, before removing the excess Metal Leaf. You can emboss scrap paper with the embossing folder, then cut out the embossed image and use the remaining scrap to mask the areas around the image on your acetate, before using the brayer.
- Card front: Place a card with the fold on your left. Cover with Tan Suede paper. Ink the edges of a 4½”x6” Kindred Spirits border paper with toffee and glue centered on your card front, with the wide lace border on the bottom.
- Following your die-cutting machine manufacturer’s directions, place a 4½”x6” acetate into your Dandelion embossing folder and emboss the image. Place the embossed acetate on your craft sheet, run the brayer over the glue pad, then brayer over the embossed image on your acetate. Using the heat gun, heat the embossed acetate for about 30 seconds to set the glue until it is tacky, but not too sticky (do this slowly, keeping the heat far enough from the acetate so that it will not warp).
- Place Red Variegated Metal Leaf onto the dandelion head and seeds and pat onto the glue with your fingers. Place Copper Metal Leaf on the stem, swirls and leaves and pat in place. Place scrap acetate over the embossed image and rub over the image with a bone folder, burnishing the Metal Leaf in place. Remove the scrap acetate and use the stipple brush to remove the excess Metal Leaf by brushing all over the image, using a circular motion. Continue brushing until the edges of the image become clear and distinct. The excess Metal Leaf can be saved in a container for another use. Zot™ the acetate over the lace paper on the front of your card.
- Place a Dazzles™ border on the left edge of the acetate, trimming even with the top and bottom edges of your card. Place “If friends were Flowers” on the acetate, as shown. Zot™ a bow of ¾” ivory crepe on the dandelion stem.
- Card inside: Ink the edges of a 4½”x3” Kindred Spirits brown dotted paper and glue centered on your card. Place the “I’d pick you!” and flower Dazzles™ as shown, and Zot™ on a knot of ribbon.