Designer's Tip: Make two-toned words by laying down two kinds of Metal Leaf, one on the top and one on the bottom of the words.
- Place a 4 ½”x6” Homeward Bound border paper on your craft sheet with the large red flowers at the lower left. Tape the Live, Love, Laugh stencil onto the paper with the flower along the left side. Use Post-it® notes to mask over all of the words except “LIVE”.
- Use the squeegee to spread embossing paste evenly over the stencil. Remove the stencil (wash immediately) and let the embossed paper dry. Use the same process to emboss “WITH PASSION” on 2”x1½” Homeward Bound red paper. Emboss “LAUGH” and “WITH PLEASURE” on a 4”x2” Homeward Bound red paper. Let each piece dry.
- Place the stencil back over the dried embossed flower. Using the stipple brush and glue pad, stipple the glue onto the dried embossed image. Remove and wash the stencil. Clean and dry the stipple brush. Using the heat gun, heat the embossed image for about 30 seconds to set the glue until it is tacky, but not too sticky.
- Place Gold Metal Leaf onto the flower stem and the top part of “LIVE” and pat in place with your fingers. Place Copper Metal Leaf on the flower and the bottom of “LIVE”. Use the stipple brush to remove the excess Metal Leaf by brushing all over the image, using a circular motion. Continue brushing until the edges of the image become clear and distinct. The excess Metal Leaf can be saved in a container for another use.
- Repeat steps 3 & 4 for the other embossed images, using Gold Metal Leaf for the small sized words and using both metal leafs for “LAUGH”. Use the fine-tip black pen to draw a shadow line on the left sides of all the embossed images and words.
- Using the 12”x12” Homeward Bound red paper as your background, criss-cross two lengths of black twine 1½” from the top and tie a double bow around the twine, 3½” from the right side.
- Mat the “LIVE” piece on Black Suede with 1/8” borders on the top, bottom and right edges. Mat again on Homeward Bound blue-green paper with a ¼” border on the same matted edges. Ink the edges black and glue on the left side of the page, ¾” from the top.
- Mat two 2½”x3½” photos on Black Suede with 1/16" borders and glue at an angle on the “LIVE” piece, as shown. Tear the top edge from the “WITH PASSION” piece and mat on Black Suede with 1/16” border, tearing the top. Foam tape over a double loop of twine between the two small photos.
- Glue a 4”x6” photo onto 4¼”x8” Black Suede, 1/8” from the top and sides. Tear the bottom edge from the “LAUGH” piece and glue 1/8” below the large photo. Mat the piece on Homeward Bound map paper with a ¼” border and ink the edges. Glue ¾” from the lower right corner.
- Ink the edges of a 4”x3/4” Homeward Bound blue-green paper and mat on map paper with a 1/16” border. Glue centered over the large photo mat. Journal names and date with the pen. Zot™ a double bow of twine below the large photo, as shown.