Designer's Tip: To create sparkly “confetti,” use small strings of Jewel Dazzles™ with the largest in the center and smallest at the top and bottom. Scatter them over the card for a festive look. The Black Crocodile Specialty Paper is what gives the cake a special glossy texture. These specialty papers work really well with the cutting dies.
- For the Front: Place the card with the fold at the top. Cover with Rhapsody white floral paper. With a ruler, draw a line straight across the paper, 1 3/4” from the top. Draw a second line 2 1/2” from the top. In addition, draw 4 random diagonal lines across the card. Note: the following ribbons should be measured and cut about 1” longer than the corresponding lines on the card to allow for wrap around. Glue ½” wide black grosgrain ribbon across the top horizontal line. Glue ¼” wide sheer teal ribbon across the second horizontal line. Glue pink grid ribbon, black lace trim, narrow orange grosgrain, and narrow sheer pink ribbons along the remaining lines as shown. Ink the edges heavily.
- Foam tape the layers of the heart image from the Rhapsody Papier Tole. Glue to the front of the card ¾” from the top and ½” from the left side. Die cut a scalloped circle from black patterned paper. Stamp with VersaMark™, sprinkle with White Embossing Powder and heat set to emboss a decorative circle frame onto the center of the circle. Stamp and emboss “Hi” in the center. Foam tape to the card as shown.
- Apply Red Stickles the red areas on the Papier Tole as shown. Apply Turquoise Stickles to the centers of the tiny background flowers. Let dry.
- Tie together a sheer pink and sheer teal bow then Zot™ to the bottom right of the scallop circle as shown.
- For the inside: Cover the inside with pink floral paper. On a sheet of the teal dot paper, measure up the right edge 2” and make a mark. Measure along the bottom 5 ¾” from the right corner and make a mark. Cut from mark to mark and glue onto pink floral background in the bottom right corner. On a sheet of the black dot paper, measure up the left edge 2” and make a mark. Measure along the bottom 5 ¾” from the left corner and make a mark. Cut from mark to mark and glue onto the pink floral background in the bottom left corner. Cut out one of the decorative floral corners and glue to the top right corner.
- Die cut a long label from Rhapsody orange paper. Stamp “Happy Birthday in the center. Mat on black dot paper with a 1/16” border. Foam tape to card as shown. Use foam tape to assemble the flower image from the Papier Tole and glue it to the bottom left corner. Add Turquoise Stickles as shown.