Designer's Tip: To create the shimmery effect on the butterflies, emboss the outer butterfly shape with Kaleidoscope Embossing Powder. An easy way to make your Scrapbooking Dazzles™ go farther is to cut single Dazzles™ in half and place them on different edges (they end up almost looking like two separate Dazzles™).
- For the Front: Place the card with the fold on the left. Cover the front with Kindred Spirits tan lace border paper keeping the lace border ¾” from the bottom. Stamp and emboss a lace flower border over the Kindred Spirits lace border using Chestnut Embossing Powder. Glue the sheer purple swirl ribbon. Zot™ a bow at the left end.
- Emboss a flower (to match the one on the border) on Kindred Spirits pink paper using Chestnut embossing powder. Insert a green Embellies™ brad into the center of the flower. Glue to the card over the embossed flower.
- Place the circle border Scrapbooking Dazzles™ onto Kindred Spirits green paper then trim next to the Dazzles™ edge. Cut the border in half lengthwise. Glue one length across the top and the other across the bottom as shown.
- Cut 1 ½”x3/4” ivory cardstock and emboss “You’re So Special” in the center with Chestnut embossing powder. Glue even with the right side, 1¾” from the top.
- For the Butterflies: Die cut a large butterfly shadow from Kindred Spirits stripe paper. Die cut a medium butterfly shadow from Kindred Spirits pink diamond paper. Cover these two shapes with VersaMark™ ink and emboss, using Kaleidoscope embossing powder. Mat on ivory cardstock, leaving a 1/16” border. Die cut large and medium butterflies out of Moka Suede paper and glue on top of the matching butterfly shadows. Crease the wings back gently and curve them with your fingers. Glue the center butterfly bodies to the card as shown. Prop up the middle of the wings with foam tape to give a “fluttering” look.
- For the inside: Cover with Kindred Spirits dark pink paper. Die cut a medium butterfly shadow from Kindred Spirits stripe paper. Die cut a matching butterfly with Moka Suede paper and glue to the matching shape. Die cut a small butterfly from Moka Suede and mat on green floral paper with a 1/16” border. Insert pearl brads into the center of the butterflies and glue as shown. Cut a large floral Scrapbooking Dazzles™ in half. Place half on the top right and the other half on the bottom left as shown.