Designer's Tip: The butterfly on the inside is actually the large full (two-wing) butterfly on the Dazzles™, but I cut it in half to make a side-view butterfly to fit better on the card. I used a single label, cut in two, for the front and inside greetings. The black line on the leaf isn't on the template, but it's easy to just cut a sliver of black cardstock and glue it on for added detail.
- For the Front: Place the card with the fold on the left. Cut a piece of black cardstock to fit the front of the card. Cut a 4 7/8" x 6 3/8" piece of Mirage floral border paper with the border across the bottom. Apply a tiny dab of glue stick in each corner (you want it to be removable) and tack the Mirage red paper centered on the black cardstock. Trace the tulip onto the red paper near the top left, angled as shown. Use a craft knife to carefully cut out the shape, going through both layers of paper. Remove the red paper. With a pencil, lightly sketch a line 1/16" around the tulip opening. Cut out with a craft knife. Glue the red paper permanently onto the black cardstock.
- Iris Folding: Flip the piece over and position the tulip opening over the pentagon pattern, with the inner pentagon near the base of the flower. Tack the corners to the template with stencil tape. Cut and fold paper strips using Mirage yellow, black/pink floral, pink, red/teal floral, and red papers. Follow the template instructions to assemble and tape your strips to the cardstock with tiny pieces of clear tape. Finish by covering the inner pentagon with Mirage yellow paper. Remove the cardstock and flip over to view the front, making sure your iris looks as it should.
- Remove the large pink label die-cut from the sheet. Place it horizontally on your cutting mat and cut the label 2 1/4" from the right. Take the right half and mat it on teal paper leaving a 1/16" border. Stamp "Know That You Are Loved" on this half and glue to the card even with the left side, 1/4" from the bottom. Tie a bow with 3/4" wide teal ribbon, leaving a 4" long tail on the right side. Cut a “V” in the left end and Zot™ the bow to the right side of the label as shown. Glue the assembled cardstock piece to the card front.
- Use the template to cut a stem from Mirage teal paper and a leaf from Mirage teal/yellow pattern paper. Mat both on black cardstock with a 1/16" border. Cut a thin sliver of black cardstock about 2" long and glue it to the center of the leaf (as shown). Glue the leaf first positioned as shown, then the stem.
- Place two small butterflies from the 3-Pack Butterfly Dazzles™ onto black cardstock and trim around the edges, leaving a 1/16" border. Glue to card as shown.
- For the inside: On the other half of the cut label stamp "Because" at the top and "You Are So Very Special" underneath. Glue the die-cut label even with the right side of the card, 1" from the bottom. Zot™ a small black metallic bow to the top left of the greeting.
- Cut a tulip out of Mirage circle paper and mat on black cardstock with a 1/16" border. Glue near the top right, angled as shown. Cut out a stem from Mirage teal/yellow pattern paper and a leaf from Mirage teal paper. Mat both on black cardstock with a 1/16” border and glue to card as shown. Add a sliver of black cardstock to the leaf as before. Mat together the large, 2-wing Butterfly Dazzles™ on black cardstock then cut the butterfly in half. Glue one half to the card on the left of the tulip as shown.
Click here for the Inspired saver!