Designer Tip: You can also use the flowerpot template to create an ice cream cone embellishment! I used the Chocolate paper pack here, but you could change the papers to suite your favorite ice cream flavors.
- Place your card with the fold at the left. Cut a 4 3/4”x6 1/4" striped paper and glue centered to the card front leaving a 1/8” white border. Ink the edges of the card with toffee ink.
- Cut a 3 3/4"x5 1/4" piece of brown cardstock. Place the scalloped edge of the Rose Flowerpot design on the template even with the top edge of the cardstock. Use the pencil to trace the scalloped edge across the cardstock. Remove the template and cut along the lines. Repeat for the bottom edge. Mat scalloped edges on white, with 1/16” borders. Glue white mini rick rack along the long straight edges. Glue centered to the card front.
- For the cone, cut a 6 3/4" square from light brown tiles paper. Fold in half diagonally with the brown sides out. Align the Rose Flowerpot template shape with the fold of the paper. Trace all cut and fold lines. Remove the template and cut out your shape. Erase any pencil lines that show. Fold over Fold A, Fold B and then Fold C.
- Glue a piece of white/tan textured paper over the scalloped edge of the cone. Trim the edges evenly with the scallop. Glue all folds in place. Cut a black/light brown stripe from the striped paper and glue across the top edge of the scallop. Glue brown mini rick rack along the bottom edge of the stripe.
- For the ice cream, trace the center of the Rose Flowerpot shape on light brown words paper and cut it out. Glue the piece directly over the same shape at the center of the cone (trim bottom shorter to make it easier).
- Now using the same design, trace and cut out one shape each from black/brown/tan dotted paper and white/tan texture/swirls paper. For the dotted piece, place the scalloped edge on the template 1 3/4" from the top of the shape. Trace the scallop and trim along the lines, then foam tape the “scoop” over the top of the light brown words paper so 1/2" of the light brown words paper shows. For the white/tan texture/swirls piece, place the scalloped edge on the template 1 1/4" from the top of the shape. Trace the scallop and trim, then foam tape the “scoop” over the top of the dotted paper so 3/4" of the dotted paper shows.
- Glue beads to the top of the ice cream cone as shown. Zot a brown/black stitched ribbon bow near the side of the cone as shown. Glue the ice cream cone centered on the brown cardstock on the card front. Stamp “You’ve got Me” on white cardstock with black ink, trim to a small tag shape (or use the tag shape on the template) and ink the edges with toffee ink. Add folded ribbon to the end for a tab and foam tape the tag to the lower right edge of the card front.
- Glue a 5”x2 1/2" piece of dotted paper across the inside, 2” from the bottom. Trim a 5”x1” piece of striped paper and glue even with the bottom of the dotted paper. Cut a 3 1/2"x2” piece of brown cardstock and use the template to create a scalloped edge along the bottom as in step #2 above. Mat top and bottom edges on white with 1/16” borders. Glue white mini rick rack along the side edges. Glue centered to the dotted paper. Stamp “& I’ve got Chocolate” on white, then trim to a tag shape. Ink the edges with toffee ink and glue centered to the brown cardstock. Zot brown/black stitched knotted ribbon to the side of the tag as shown.
Supplies: (Find these supplies and more at www.paperwishes.com)
- Flowerpot Pockets Template (link)
- Chocolate Paper Pack (link)
- Chocolate Ribbons—16” length of 1/4" wide brown/black stitched grosgrain ribbon (link)
- Brown cardstock (link)
- Heartfelt Greetings Stamps set (link)
- Acrylic block (link)
- 5”x6 1/2" blank white card (link)
- Art-C™ Natural Beads set (link)
- Toffee ColorBox Fluid Chalk ink pad
- StazOn® Black ink pad (link)
- White cardstock (link)
- Foam tape (link)
- Zots™ adhesive dots (link)
- Aleene’s Tacky Glue (link)