Designer Tip: I used the template to create a flowerpot “shaped” card with gardening tools and tag at the side.
- Cut a 6 3/4" square from blue/lime tiles paper. Fold in half diagonally with the colored sides out. Align the Rose Flowerpot template shape with the fold of the paper. Trace all cut and fold lines. Remove the template and cut out your shape. Erase any pencil lines that show. Fold over Fold A, Fold B and then Fold C. Mat the scalloped edge on green/blue textured paper with 1/16” border. Glue all folds in place.
- Trace the following template shapes on the back of your paper: Rose shape on pink grid paper, Dahlia shape on purple/pink tiles paper, and the Rose leaves shape on green/blue textured paper. Cut out the shapes, then ink the edges of each with blackberry ink. To fold each flower, working counter-clockwise, fold each petal inward, tucking the last petal under the first.
- Trace and cut out a spade shape from purple/pink tiles paper and a trowel from pink grid paper and ink the edges with blackberry ink. Trace a small tag shape on green/blue textured paper and cut it out. Write or computer print “Happy Birthday!” on the center of the tag. Ink the edges with black berry ink and punch a hole at the end.
- Place glitter tape across the top edge of the scallop on the flowerpot, trimming sides evenly. Foam tape the leaves to the pot just above the glitter tape. Foam tape the rose flower to the top of the pot so it overlaps the leaves as shown. Foam tape the dahlia flower centered over the rose. Add a dark pink Sparklet embellishment centered on the dahlia.
- Place your blank card with the fold at the left. Align the straight left side of the flowerpot with the fold (the leaf can overlap) and glue in place. Trim around the outside edges of the flowerpot through both layers of the card, leaving the left fold intact.
- Add 2 rows of glitter tape side by side each to the top of the spade and trowel. Trim a third piece of glitter tape for each tool, with a slightly curved bottom edge. Add the third row of glitter tape to each tool, then trim side edges evenly. Punch a 1/8” hole in the end of each tool. Thread a 14” length of fuchsia memory thread through the holes in the spade, trowel, and tag, then tie in a bow 1 1/2" from the tools. Glue the bow just above the glitter tape at the center of the flowerpot.
- Cover the inside of the card with purple/green/pink/brown tiles/flourishes collage paper. Ink the edges with blackberry ink. Write or computer print “Hope your day is delightful!” on pink grid paper. Trim to a rectangle, ink edges and mat on green/blue textured paper with 1/8” borders. Ink the edges and glue centered to the inside. Add glitter tape across the angled portion of the pot, 7/8” from the bottom.
- Use the template to create a Flower Center from purple/pink tiles paper. Ink the edges with blackberry ink and fold as in step #2. Add a small dark pink Sparklet at the center and glue the flower centered over the glitter tape as shown.
Supplies: (Find these supplies and more at www.paperwishes.com)
- Flowerpot Pockets Template (link)
- Batik Paper Pack (link)
- 5”x6 1/2" blank white card (link)
- Blackberry ColorBox Fluid Chalk ink pad
- Fuchsia Memory Thread (link)
- Crimson Sparklets (link)
- Orchid Glitter Tape (link)
- Foam tape (link)
- 1/8” round punch (link)
- Aleene’s Tacky Glue (link)
- Black pen or computer printer
- Font: Corinthia Professional